KanexPro showcased a number of solutions at InfoComm 2017 designed to send compressed AV over a standard Ethernet network.
One of those products, the NetworkAV H264 Transmitter, is an AV-over-IP transmitter with an HDMI input and Ethernet out which uses an H.264 compression algorithm to transmit full HD 1080p from HDMI based sources with less bandwidth over LAN network. It supports PoE (power over Ethernet) with distances over a single CATx up to 394 ft. (120m), delivering one to one, one to many and many to many over the Ethernet switch.
Other features of the NetworkAV H264 Transmitter:
- Can be used with DVI connection
- Supports one to many, many to many and point to point broadcasting
- Dual power input: 802.3af compliant w/ POE & DC 5V
- (No need power supply when connecting with POE Switch)
- Can be cascaded to multiple AV over IP Extenders
- Support LPCM audio format
- Smart IP Address Setting: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Wide-band IR pass through to control the source (38khz to 56khz)
- By pass 2 – way UART/RS232 (Up to 115200), use remote controller to select 8 group Baud rate
- Support one to one, one to many, many to one, many to many modes, with large cascading
Product manager for KanexPro Kashyap Khetia says the range of applications for KanexPro’s AV-over-IP technology is incredibly broad.
“Applications could include house of worship centers, digital signage, classrooms, and hospitality,” Khetia says.
AV-over-IP is gaining tremendous steam in the industry. Are you jumping on the bandwagon?
KanexPro also unveiled ultra-fast and slim series of HDMI 2.0 with 18 GB of bandwidth solutions designed for signal extension up to 100 meters. Khetia says the products are used by a big-brand coffee shop and a bank in Mexico City.
“They’re perfect for routing high-res computer signals remotely from one point to another,” Khetia says.
Learn more about KanexPro and their NetworkAV AV-over-IP solutions on their website.