NSCA is bringing the second annual Pivot to Profit event to Chicago in September. This two-day conference “helps integrators get the right processes, technology, metrics and best practices in place to create lucrative new business pathways that increase revenue,” according to NSCA’s announcement.
Pivot to Profit is set for Sept. 28-29 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel & Conference Center Chicago O’Hare.
At the event, integrators will learn how to “pivot to profit” by participating in discussions and learning from experts about:
- The right metrics to measure to gauge managed services success
- The pros/cons of providing telecom as a service to clients, and what it means for phone systems in general
- Protecting their companies and their customers as more systems connect to networks and are exposed to security risks
- The benefits of establishing themselves as a one-stop shop for digital signage
- The differences between annual/perpetual paperwork and licenses
- Back-office financial considerations of moving to a services-based model
- How to be viewed as “asset builders” instead of “salespeople”
- Solutions they can offer to clients to add value and stay relevant
“Most integrators know they have to make the shift to support managed services,” says NSCA executive director Chuck Wilson. “But many don’t know what steps are needed to make it happen. Pivot to Profit will help attendees understand what they need to work on to prepare.”
ClearTech Media president Christina DeBono credits the initial Pivot to Profit event will helping her company shift to a service-revenue model that means less reliance on products and more focus on creating solutions for customers.
Pivot to Profit will also feature an innovation hall that sets aside commoditized products and standalone hardware for “companies that offer services and solutions to help integrators grow managed services and recurring revenue,” according to the announcement.