Following is Haivision’s blog by PR and communications manager Jennifer Gazin announcing the new app for Enterprise Video Platform.
As live streaming has gone mainstream with consumer apps and platforms like Facebook Live, YouTube Live and Periscope, employees expect that same live mobile video experience at work.
So, we’re excited to announce the latest mobile app for the Haivision Enterprise Video Platform. Already available on iOS, Calypso Mobile is now live for Android. Our Calypso Mobile app gives executives and employees the ability to contribute video from anywhere and easily access live and VOD content no matter where they are.
Available on Google Play and on the Apple App Store, Calypso Mobile lets users watch, stream and record live and on-demand video directly from their mobile device. Calypso Mobile is powered by our Enterprise Video Platform, which helps companies deliver secure, high quality video to every employee, in every office, on any screen.
Our goal with our mobile apps is to give employees access to the video content they need to do their best work, from anywhere.
Here’s a few Calypso Mobile features:
- Stream live and record video directly on your mobile device and share with employees across your network
- Instant access to your organization’s VOD content, live sources and multi-source sessions
- Support for Apple’s HLS streaming protocol
- New multi-stream player so employees can view multi-sources sessions and easily switch between streams
- Metadata filters for quick search
- Touch ID authentication support
My favorite? Calypso Mobile also features Airplay support so you can pop up whatever you’re watching right on the display in a conference or meeting room and the rest of your team can watch with you.
If you want a closer look at how Calypso Mobile extends the enterprise video experience to employees anywhere, [contact Haivision to] set you up with a demonstration of how this works.