It’s tricky to recognize eight great products at an event intrinsically not about products, but NSCA has found a way to navigate that fine line with its Excellence in Product Innovation Awards unveiled each year at its Business & Leadership Conference.
Note the word “innovation.” The panel of judges, including representatives from NSCA, Commercial Integrator and NSCA member integration firms, sought winning products that were innovative enough to drive new revenue or offer new efficiencies.
They’re product awards, but the idea is that they pay dividends on the business side as well.
At the 19th annual BLC in Chandler, Ariz., NSCA honored eight products, including an overall winner.
The Excellence in Product Innovation winners are:
- Overall Winner: Shure Microflex Advance
- Installer-Friendly: REVConnect by Belden
- Interoperability [tie]: Kramer Active Optical High-Speed Pluggable HDMI Cable
- Interoperability [tie]: Sound Tube Dante IP-enabled loudspeakers
- Retrofit-Friendly: AtlasIED Strategy III Series Ceiling Loudspeaker
- New Revenue Potential: Williams Sound Hearing HotSpot Real-Time Audio Via Wi-Fi
- Recurring Revenue Potential: Department 60 Visualz Digital Signage Platform
- Ease of Customization: Middle Atlantic DC Power Distribution