There was a time, not too long ago, when AV over IP didn’t seem to pose a serious threat to the matrix switching approach to video distribution.
That is no longer the case.
AV over IP is now — and perhaps inevitably — a highly sought solution for customers distributing important video content across their organizations. After all, an AV over IP network deployment can be up to 3X as fast a matrix switching solution.
Meanwhile, smart integration firms and consultants are recommending AV over IP to their customers, many of whom make technology decisions out of their IT departments. By leveraging a standardized hardware and software platform for distributing AV over Ethernet such as SDVoE (Software Defined Video Over Ethernet) everybody can ensure quality of performance.
In this free webinar, ZeeVee CEO Bob Michaels takes stock of where we are in the transition from matrix switching to AV over IP with input learned from system designers in the field — what are the advantages of AV over IP and what are the disadvantages of matrix switches?
CI editor-in-chief Tom LeBlanc moderates as Michaels and a panel of consultants and integrators dig into the following ways the AV distribution market is changing:
- With AV over IP, integrators have opportunities to increase revenue and be more profitable
- AV over IP is easier and quicker to deploy, creating productivity and efficiency benefits
- AV over IP creates opportunities to win high-end jobs
- AV over IP positions companies’ as innovative, leading edge with understanding the new distribution technologies
- By offering AV over IP integrators have a chance to win business that has been going to matrix switches
- Integration firms will benefit from AV over IP because more of their customers have content to distribute
- Integration firms will benefit from AV over IP because more of their customers are open to AV over IP
- Integration firms will benefit from AV over IP because their labor force to efficiently tackle more projects.
Those offering matrix switches (read: most integrators) don’t want to miss this advice on where the market is going.
Those not offering matrix switches, well, you definitely don’t want to miss this free webinar. You will hear step-by-step how embracing AV over IP can increase your firm’s volume while embracing high standards.
Attendees will walk away with a plan for evolving their business.