Traditionally, it’s the AV integration firm that sells audio, video and communication solutions to an organization. Traditionally, it’s that organization’s facilities manager that make the technology purchasing decisions. However, times have changed and now it’s likely an IT director that has the most pull in those technology purchasing decisions.
So traditions are out the window.
AV integration firms, meanwhile, have struggled to adjust. Many are still “talking AV” to their customers’ IT directors.
The problem is that they’re not inspiring confidence and, as a result, limiting their ability to sell.
Here’s the thing – AV integrators ARE experts when it comes to audio, automation, communications and video. They shouldn’t allow language issues or a lack of understanding of IT director’s challenges and perspectives to kill their credibility.
This free Commercial Integrator webcast, sponsored by Belden, aims to set AV integration firms onto a path toward better sales conversations with customers IT directors and departments.
Moderated by CI editor-in-chief Tom LeBlanc, a panel including folks from Belden and Accu-Tech will use a roundtable discussion format to tackle issues preventing better communication between AV integrators and IT departments:
- What’s the root of IT directors’ skepticism toward AV integrators?
- Do AV integrators generally make an effort to understand IT infrastructure?
- Steps toward creating a common language that would inspire confidence
- How integrators can do a better job of delivering networked AV systems
- Network considerations integrators should take regarding their customers’ infrastructure
- Tips on how to build network solutions for individual customers
- Product solutions such as RevConnect by Belden
- Success stories from integrators that have overcome these challenges with IT directors
The goal of this free webcast is not to diminish AV integration firm’s ability compared to that of IT directors. Not at all. It’s to eliminate language and perceptual issues that may be preventing AV integration firms from winning their customers’ confidence.
Once that confidence is achieved, AV integration firms can excel demonstrating their expertise and ability to solve customers’ audio, automation, communications and video. In essence, the goal is to unlock profits for integrator and pave the way to customers achieving better system solutions.
Don’t miss this free webinar. In only 45 minutes, you’ll be on a path to better profits.