Hiring and retaining the right candidates for technology-oriented positions remains a serious challenge for most integrators.
To unlock some secrets of recruiting, hiring and retaining talented technology professionals, Commercial Integrator went straight to the source, surveying more than 120 of the industry’s brightest young stars, the three classes of 40 CI Influencers Under 40 from 2014 to 2016.
Our goal is to paint and identify consistencies and draw conclusions that will help employers make better decisions when it comes to finding, hiring and keeping these highly-sought employees.
Our respondents said they want the following from their employers:
- Recognition of – and respect for – work/life balance
- Culture of respectful communication, collaboration and trust
- Growth opportunities and challenges
- Culture of inclusion and diversity
- Flexibility in scheduling, working environment
- Recognition of the value of training and support
- Autonomy in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Environment of mutual respect, positive attitudes, integrity
- Clear, well-defined strategy and business model
Consequently, base salary and health care were highly rated, but still lower than intangible benefits including a “sense of accomplishment/fulfillment,” “company culture,” “challenging work” and “career advancement potential.”
Download this report TODAY to find out what some of the industry’s young superstars are looking for in a good employee, what they consider ideal work environments and what it takes for integration firms to recruit and retain skilled employees in today’s business world.