Platinum Tools featured its waterproof RJ45 coupler system (part numbers 740C and 741C) during InfoComm 2019 in Orlando, Fla., last month.
The new waterproof RJ45 coupler system is now available with MSRPs of $30 for the 740C and $26.65 for the 741C.
“There are those installs where your Ethernet connections will need ruggedized protection due to exposure to water, dust, corrosion, harsh elements, and vibration,” said Platinum Tools, LLC product manager John Phillips in the company announcement.
“An easy and simple solution is Platinum Tools’ waterproof RJ45 coupler system, rated to IP67 to meet those harsh environmental conditions commonly found in outdoor and indoor installs, such as wireless towers, security systems, outdoor entertainment venues, industrial manufacturing, LED lighting, emergency communications, marinas, and more,” he said.
Features and technical specifications of the Platinum Tools waterproof RJ45 coupler system include:
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof
- Easy and quick to install
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Works with RJ45 (8P8C) connectors
- For UTP and STP applications
- Category Range: Cat5e and Cat6
- Screw mating system assures secure connection
- Temperature range: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C
- Housing material: Black nylon
- RoHS compliant
- Contact material: Gold plated 50μ over copper alloy
- Thread size: 13/16-inch – 28UN
- Max panel thickness: 4.0mm / 0.157 inch
- Cycle life: 1,000 insertions
- Current rating: 1 amp
- Voltage rating: 48v
- Recommended panel cut (for truncated circle): 19.4 mm – 20.8 mm (0.760in. – 0.815in.)
- Cable diameter range: 5.5-7.0mm / 0.216in. – 0.276in.
The RJ45 waterproof coupler system was just one of myriad products Platinum Tools rolled out in Orlando at InfoComm 2019. Visitors to the Platinum Tools InfoComm 2019 booth also saw the new EZ-RJ12/11 Die for the EXO crimp frame that Platinum Tools says is now available as part of its many live demonstrations in the booth.