Latest Revision: October 2016
- Information obtained when you (“you” or “User”) visit EH Publishing, Inc. d.b.a EH Media’s network of web sites. (this “Site”, including CommercialIntegrator.com, CEPro.com, CampusSafetyMagazine.com, SecuritySales.com, ElectronicHouse.com, prosoundweb.com, mnec.com, mmh.com, logisticsmgmt.com, scmr.com, supplychain247.com and all TechDecisions Websites (k-12, HigherEd, Corporate,)), worshipfacilities.com, worshiptechdirector.com.
- Information collected at branded landing pages (not necessarily on our domains) related to each of the site(s), and information collected at 3rd party sites (such as Facebook) with your consent.
- Information obtained through e-mail communications with you related to the site(s).
Your Information: What We Collect and How We Collect It
Many of our sites require you to provide certain information about yourself when you register to use the site and when you request downloadable resources, our products and/or services. We also collect information when you participate in contests and surveys, when you respond to requests for feedback and when you submit postings to public areas of this Site (e.g., comments, blogs, moderated discussions and forums/message boards). The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified (“Personally Identifiable Information”), such as name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and certain business information such as employer name, occupation, job function, job title and buying information (e.g., preferences or history). We also will collect credit card and related information when you request a product or service (including, if applicable, registering for premium site access or a paid event) for which there is a charge. This Site only collects Personally Identifiable Information with your knowledge.
When you visit this Site, we may collect the IP address of your computer. We also use technology to automatically record other information that identifies your computer and tracks your behavior on this Site. Methods used to collect this information may include “cookies” and “clear GIFs” (also known as “pixel tags” or “beacons”). A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most browsers allow Users to block the receipt of cookies, but doing so may compromise your ability to use certain features of this Site. A clear GIF is a small graphic image, typically used in connection with cookies, that is placed on a web site or in an email message. A clear GIF can monitor certain user behavior, such as your usage of the web site, whether you opened an email message or whether you clicked on a URL in an email message. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information in this way, but if you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
Your Information: How We Use It
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
- To provide you with this Site and other products and services.
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Site.
- To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of this Site are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally. Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Site. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of this Site. We may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of EH Publishing, Inc. d.b.a EH Media, and our affiliates. These communications may include e-mail newsletters, as well as offers for other EH Publishing, Inc. d.b.a EH Media services. All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from EH Publishing, Inc . d.b.a EH Media We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us.
Disclosing of Your Information: To Whom and When
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personally Identifiable Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information except as follows:
- Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address ) in representative lists of our magazine circulation and/or web site membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient.
- Portions of this Site and any connected, branded or affiliated landing pages may be provided as “Premium” or “Sponsored” content. Premium or Sponsored content, including downloads and resources are made available to Users on the condition that we may share certain portions of the User’s registration information (generally email and other direct contact information) with the Premium or Sponsored content’s sponsors and advertisers, and/or their service providers. We will always disclose when you are registering or being provided with Premium or Sponsored content. EH Publishing, Inc. d.b.a EH Media’s sponsors and advertisers are contractually obligated to provide a method for our users to unsubscribe or opt-out from any further communications.
- To other third parties (and/or to their service providers on their behalf) to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. Third parties are contractually obligated to provide you with the ability to unsubscribe, or opt-out of any further communications.
- To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving EH Publishing, Inc. d.b.a EH Media or this Site.
- When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property. Disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Right to Access and Change Information
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the newsletter or website registration page for this Site, or which you submitted to request a print publication, or by contacting us directly. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
Links to Non-EH Media Sites
Our sites are owned and operated by:
EH Publishing, Inc. d.b.a EH Media
111 Speen St.
Framingham, MA 01701