What makes a project great? As a judge in CI‘s annual Integration Awards one is definitely drawn to the “wow factor.”
The more we delve into the integrators’ descriptions of the project the “wow factor” migrates from dazzling technology to being dazzled by how well the firm understood the clients’ unique challenges and how effectively they delivered a problem-solving solution.
Happy clients is what makes us go, “Wow!” and that’s what these 13 Integration Award-winning projects have in common.
The goal of our fourth annual Commercial Integrator Integration Awards contest is to highlight impressive projects with the hope that our coverage will spur ideas and carry lessons for other integration firms.
We received nearly 100 entries this year across 13 verticals. The editors of Commercial Integrator teamed up with the editorial staff of TechDecisions sister sites to pore over entries. Just like in past years, some projects immediately rose to the top of our consideration, while others merited spirited debate.
Slideshow: Meet the Integration Award Winners of 2015
Regardless of which projects won, one constant element shown through in each piece of work: tenacity and originality of thought and design that each firm brought to bear on its work, the client being the winner in the end.
So we are pleased to present coverage of the winners for this year’s award-winning projects, which were formally announced at InfoComm 2015 in Orlando, Fla.
And the winners are…
- Best Corporate Project: Cibola Systems for The Innovation Institute
- Best Retail Project: Mad Systems for Yahoo Interactive Data Demo
- Best Museum Project: Westbury National for Aga Khan Museum
- Best K-12 Education Project: Panasonic for Ron Clark Academy
- Best Higher Education Project: Gefen for Advanced Visualization Lab at Indiana University
- Best Large Venue Project: ANC Sports for Quicken Loans Arena
- Best Health Care Project: Walker Engineering’s University Hospital Tower
- Best Restaurant & Bar Project: Nor-Com for Handlebar Restaurant
- Best Hotel Project: PointCloud Media for Sheraton Waikiki
- Best Government Project: Net-AV for State of Maryland Emergency Operations Center
- Best Casino Project: CastNET for Choctaw Casino Resort
- Best House of Worship Project: Technical Innovation for 12Stone Church
- Best Mission Critical Project: Advance Technology for FairPoint Communications
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!