The new Ultra HD IP solution uses standard gigabit managed switches to distribute 4K UltraHD and HDCP 2.2 content over Cat 5e/6 cable.
Just Add Power points out the products have been designed specifically for electronics professionals, with features such as built-in 4K scaling on the receiving side for distributing HDMI 2.0 sources to non-2.0 screens and vice versa. The solution also supports video walls and uncompressed object-based surround sound formats such as Dolby’s Atmos.
Engineered for a variety of applications that includes residential whole-house media distribution, and commercial installations that range from video 2×2 matrixing, all the way up to 4,000 x 65,000, the products also enable video wall installations as big as 16×16 with off-the-shelf Ethernet networking components.
Some of the product line’s other features include:
- Seamless switching between any resolution, including 2,160, 1,080, 720, 576, 480, interlaced and progressively scanned
- Mix-and-match HDMI 2.0 monitors in the same network
- Mic-in and Line-in inputs
- Integrated null-modem on RS-232 and independent RS-232 matrix on LAN
- HTTP interface with unique device name support and on-screen display API
- Dolby down mixing from 5.1 to Dolby Pro Logic II with stereo output as 2.0 content
- Two-way CEC over IP
- Compatible with fiber
- Image pop overlay for a full color image/logo on top of the HDMI signal
- Works with the same control system drivers, Ethernet switches and integrator tools as its 2G/2G+ and 2G+AVPro products
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!