It’s not just sound engineers and music producers that need to record quality audio these days. There are myriad customers creating audio and video content. 360-degree audio recording just got easier with a Windows tablet-compatible version of Zylia ZM-1 microphone.
Zylia introduces a Windows tablet-compatible version of ZYLIA software for the company’s ZYLIA ZM-1 microphone. Tablet-based control over the ZM-1, a compact 3rd order Ambisonics microphone, offers a lightweight and highly portable solution for capturing immersive audio in any environment.
“Field recordings can yield unique audio samples that bring terrific character and richness to a variety of applications,” says Tomasz Żernicki, co-founder and chief technology officer of Zylia.
“Sound engineers use the ZM-1 for ambient sound recording in the field and to create spatial soundscapes. Musicians heading to outdoor concerts and jam sessions use the microphone to capture live shows and one-of-a-kind collaborations.
Now requiring only the microphone and tripod, a tablet, and headphones, field recording with the ZM-1 is unbelievably simple and convenient.”
More on Zylia ZM-1 Microphone (via press release):
Designed for bands and musical ensembles, sound engineers, podcasters, and audio creatives working in 3D audio, Ambisonics, and virtual reality, the ZYLIA ZM-1 is an incredibly light, compact, and beautifully designed recording solution capable of delivering 48 kilohertz/24-bit resolution while capturing the full spatial sound scene.
Boasting 19 high-quality digital MEMS microphones, the spherical array together with software can auto-detect sound sources from around the microphone and capture that sound as separate tracks for further editing on a digital audio workstation.
How to Set up Zylia ZM-1 Microphone Tablet Control (via press release):
- Users need only install the ZYLIA ZM-1 Windows 10 driver and ZYLIA Studio software on a tablet equipped with a 64-bit processor and 64-bit Windows operating system.
- Once the ZYLIA Studio application is activated, the system is ready to go.
- The recording workflow is no different than with a laptop or PC.
- Users just set up the ZM-1 microphone in the desired location, plug the microphone into the tablet using a USB cable (and microUSB adapter if necessary), open ZYLIA Studio, and begin 360-degree audio recording.
- Recordings can be processed with the ZYLIA Ambisonics Converter plugin.
- Users can convert audio samples to 3rd-order Ambisonics and perform further processing if needed.
- Zylia software enables users to fine-tune the position of a sound scene to reflect a particular camera position.
Find more information about Zylia ZM-1 Microphone here.