The rising adoption of Audinate’s Dante protocol exemplifies the potential of many digital-based technologies’ “plug-and-play” promise.
The latest to launch Dante-compatible products into the pro AV market is WorxAudio. The Greensboro, N.C.-based company’s X2i-P/D, X3i-P/D, X5i-P/D line arrays and X115i-P/D and X118i-P/D subwoofers feature PreSonus’ Active Integration (WorxAudio is a division of PreSonus), as well as PreSonus’ SL-Dante-SPK card.
“Dante’s digital audio networking technology enables the audio engineer to use a single Cat 5 cable for both audio and data. Not only does this streamline system cabling, it also improves audio quality,” says WorxAudio managing director Hugh Sarvis.
Built-in Software Enables Versatile Setups
The products incorporate CPUs that enable advanced setup options, and feature USB Wi-Fi LAN modules to allow integrators to utilize the products with WorxAudio’s Room Control setup software.
The Room Control software is compatible with the OSX, iOS and Windows operating systems and it provides options such as graphic and parametric equalization, notch filters, compressors, limiters, muting, level control, system monitoring (temperature for example), and a setup wizard that walks users through the setup process to ensure each speaker is on the network.
Looking at the Line Arrays
X2i-P/D is an active, compact line array that includes two modules. Each module contains a 1-inch compression driver and an 8-inch woofer.
The line array has a rated frequency response of 45Hz to 20kHz. The X3i-P/D is a larger, three-module line array that is able to disperse sound in a 360-degree pattern. The X5i-P/D is a two-way, compact line array that incorporates five modules within a single enclosure.
The line array utilizes a total of five 1-inch compression drivers and 10 8-inch cone woofers. The X115i-P/D subwoofer incorporates a single, direct-radiating 15-inch woofer that’s housed in a vented enclosure. The X118i-P/D sub features a similar configuration as the X115-P/D with the exception of a larger 18-inch woofer.
Facts & Features
- WorxAudio is a division of PreSonus, and its product line features more than 20 loudspeaker models.
- WorxAudio’s new TrueLine X2i-P/D, X3i-P/D, X5i-P/D line arrays and X115i-P/D and X118i-P/D subwoofers are the company’s first products to incorporate PreSonus Active Integration technology, and PreSonus’ SL-Dante-SPK cards.
- Internal CPUs facilitate advanced setup functions, and Wi-Fi options enable connections to its SL Room Control software.
- SL Room Control is compatible with OSX, iOS and the Windows operating systems, and it enables grouped or individual speaker control, including parametric and graphic EQ, limiting and level controls.
- The SL-Dante-SPK card includes an Ethercon connection for plug-and-play digital connectivity.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!