AJA Video Systems had many things to be proud of at Integrated Systems Europe 2016 last week in Amsterdam. The company showed off its new RovoCam, an integrated UltraHD/HD camera with HDBaseT that delivers single-cable support for video, audio, control and even power.
RovoCam is AJA’s first compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, pro AV and broadcast applications. The camera, backed by the RovoRx-HDMI Receiver, uses Sony optics to capture its crisp imagery and Sony Super Resolution Zoom which allowes up to 20x zoom.
Besides AJA’s collaboration with Sony, what sets this camera apart is its HDBaseT interface “supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single CAT 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters,” according to the company.
RovoCam will be available soon for an MSRP of $2495. RovoRX-HDMI will be available for an MSRP of $495.
AJA also announced its new Mini-Connect network interface box. With four USB connections and a built-in web server, this puppy provides network control of up to four AJA ROI scan converters simultaneously from anywhere through any standard web browser.
“Our customers have been asking us for a network interface for our Mini-Converter products, and we’re coming out of the gate with support for our popular ROI line of scan converters,” says Nick Rashby, president of AJA. “In addition to local control, now AJA customers can also control and configure multiple Mini-Converters, across a local LAN or even across the web.”
Mini-Connect will be available soon for an MSRP of $345.
More about AJA’s RovoCam:
RovoCam is built around Sony’s 4K FCB-ER8300 Functional Camera Block featuring the back illuminated CMOS sensor technology and Sony image processing for excellent performance. Reliable, practical and compactly encased in rugged and durable aluminum, RovoCam’s small and light form factor allows simple mounting in a wide range of scenarios. RovoRx-HDMI, the companion receiver unit, offers the simplest integration for RovoCam with an HDMI output, and all video/audio signals, power, and control over HDBaseT. RovoCam is also compatible with select third party receivers.
“Sony is proud to have collaborated with AJA on their innovative new RovoCam system development using the 4K FCB-ER8300 Functional Camera Block. We anticipate RovoCam will find homes in many ancillary video capture applications within the broadcast, content creation, security, corporate campus, and remote learning vertical markets,” commented John Monti, Director, Sony Visual Imaging Solutions.
“AJA has always been known for supporting open standards with highly functional, flexible and reliable technologies, and the release of RovoCam continues this trend. Marrying our HDBaseT interface technology with Sony’s compact 4K camera delivers incredibly powerful camera acquisition with very simple single cable setup and operation,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “We’ve partnered closely with Sony for many years and RovoCam comes as the latest in a long line of collaborations with them.”
- HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
- “4K” UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1/2.3 type 8.9 megapixel back illuminated CMOS sensor
- Integrated zoom lens, 12x optical (20x with Super Resolution Zoom)
- Integrated image processor with extensive automatic and/or manual control
- Additional on-camera power and RS-232 connections for maximum flexibility
- Supports Sony VISCA camera control
- Stereo mic input supporting PiP power
- Machined aluminum case with standard mounting options on each side
- Compatible with Sony’s SNCUNIHB/1 outdoor housing
- HDBaseT receiver supporting video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
- UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1 x “4K” UltraHD/HD HDMI output
- 1 x RCA audio output
- 1 x USB for firmware updates and additional control
- 1 x RS-232 output
More about AJA’s Mini-Connect:
Mini-Connect extends AJA’s efficient and powerful Mini-Config software UI across the network for access anywhere, allowing speedy and complete configuration of up to four ROI scan converters per Mini-Connect device. Once connected, users can easily configure ROI’s great features and update firmware remotely, across a LAN or across the web, using a standard web-browser.
AJA’s line of ROI scan converters allows exceptionally high quality conversion of computer-based content to professional SDI video at an affordable price and a very portable size. With incredible region of interest image scaling, extensive aspect ratio and frame rate conversion, and flexible audio features, ROI fulfills the growing need to incorporate computer signals into high quality video production without sacrificing budget or space.
Supported AJA Mini-Converters:
- Future updates will include support for additional AJA Mini-Converters
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Embedded webserver for remote control
- Configuration and transport control via web-browser interface