If collaboration customers refer to videoconferencing as “Skyping,” integrators have an option to support that expectation with Crestron RL 2 group collaboration.
Crestron announces that its RL 2 group collaboration solution and legacy RL systems will support Skype for Business upgrades.
The marriage, according to Crestron, “brings together the familiar experience of Skype with the security, compliance and control of Microsoft Lync. Crestron RL 2 offers unified communication and group collaboration combining Crestron DigtialMedia with Lync in one device.
More from Crestron’s press release:
“We are pleased to see Crestron deliver UC solutions for Skype for Business to extend the communications experience in the meeting room and connect people everywhere to achieve more, together,” said Giovanni Mezgec, GM, Skype for Business Product Marketing at Microsoft.
Crestron RL 2 uniquely delivers:
• A single solution for group collaboration and sharing with Lync meeting participants
• Crestron DigitalMedia input, for integration with Crestron’s full suite of remote video transmitters
• Auto-switching between VGA, HDMI®, and DM® video sources without a separate video switcher outside of a Lync session
• Analog microphone inputs for ease of custom installation
• The power to control everything in the room from one touch screen, including AV devices, lighting, and shades
• The ability to integrate with Crestron Fusion® software, which is used to monitor, manage, and control all connected rooms across the enterprise
Available in three versatile packages
Crestron RL 2 is offered in a choice of three different packages, each with multiple configuration options designed to meet the needs of different room types and sizes, and applications.
“We’re excited about the great flexibility these Crestron RL 2 packages provide to our dealers,” said Joseph Sarrasin, Technology Manager, Unified Communications at Crestron.
“The built-in switching capability makes for an even more cost-effective UC solution, eliminating the need for a separate switcher.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!