One way for integrators to add value for their clients is by solving their all-too-common data overload issues.
D-Link provides tools for doing just that with the release of its Web Smart 10 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, DXS-1210-12TC, which allows organizations to upgrade their networks to 10 Gigabit speeds.
The company targets the DXS-1210-12TC, the first in what it calls a new family of affordable Web Smart 10 Gigabit switches featuring 10GbE copper and 10GbE fiber interfaces, at businesses, educational facilities and government agencies.
More from D-Link’s press release:
With eight 10GBASE-T ports, two dedicated 10GbE fiber ports, and two 10GbE combo ports, the new Web Smart switch is an ideal core switch for a small or medium size business network, connecting access switches, servers and storage devices. The 10GBASE-T copper ports support 10 Gbps speeds over CAT6A/CAT7 cabling up to 100 meters, and offer a lower cost alternative to fiber.
“Businesses of all sizes are challenged with an increasing amount of data that needs to be stored, backed up and accessible,” said Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “With new low cost 10 Gig Web Smart switches from D-Link, network administrators can now afford to upgrade to the bandwidth they need to keep up with increasing network demands.”
D-Link today also announced a second Web Smart switch – the DXS-1210-12SC. With ten optical 10GbE (SFP+) ports and two 10GbE combo ports, this switch can be used to aggregate 10 Gigabit fiber links from other D-Link® Managed and Smart switches, such as the DGS-3620, DGS-3420 and DGS-1510 series products. For added flexibility, it also can be used as a top of rack switch in a small or medium sized data center.
Both models offer all the same essential switching features found in D-Link’s other popular 1210 series switches, including energy savings, advanced security features and extensive Layer 2 switching options. They are designed for simple management, and offer rich QoS functionality to ensure service quality for server/service access. In addition, comprehensive Green Technology and low power consumption features save energy and operating costs.
For ease of administration, network managers have multiple choices for managing their DXS-1210 series Web Smart switches, including an intuitive Web based graphical user interface, SNMP, simplified CLI through Telnet, or D-Link’s Network Assistant Utility.
Additional benefits include:
– Advanced Security Features: Network Administrators can keep unwanted users off the network with tools including Access Control Lists, Smart Binding (IP-MAC-Port binding) and DHCP Server Screening
– Static routing and Inter-VLAN routing: Reduces the load on the network’s Gateway or Router, improving overall network efficiency (supported in a future firmware release)
– IPv6 Management: Allows seamless migration from IPv4 to IPv6 services without further hardware upgrade
– D-Link Network Assistant Utility: Allows administrators to discover multiple D-Link Smart Switches within the same L2 network segment, making initial setup of the Smart Switches quick and easy
– Limited Lifetime Warranty: The DXS-1210 series of 10GbE switches carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty, furthering D-Link’s commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence
The DXS-1210-12TC Web Smart 10 Gigabit Ethernet Switch is currently available, with a list price of $2,299.99. The DXS-1210-12SC will be available in May 2015, with pricing to be announced shortly. Both models will be available throughout D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers, distributors and online retailers. Detailed specifications are available online at D-Link’s website.