Matrox Maevex encoders and decoders distribute full HD quality audio and video over IP using minimal bandwidth.
The new software and hardware enabling AV-over-IP offers a new user interface which Matrox calls intuitive and “ideal for a wide range of video-over-IP applications such as collaborative video walls, education & training, manufacturing & automation, process control and digital signage.”
Through the Maevex PowerStream software, administrators can access and manage a network of Maevex encoders and decoders remotely. The new Maevex API gives third-party software developers and OEMs access to the complete Maevex feature set.
According to Matrox, the new software allows integration with existing AV control systems, and adds the following features to the Maevex series:
- Capture, encode and record MP4 files to NAS or a shared network drive at resolutions up to Full HD 1080p60
- Zero-latency pass-through of the video and audio signals
- Failsafe playback ensuring that pre-recorded digital signage content will automatically play on screen in the event of a lost network connection
- RS-232 conduit allowing communication with a 1-to-1 bidirectional link between encoder and decoder
- User-definable RTSP addressing, letting users list and better manage video stream destinations by configuring port and path selection
- DPMS monitor enablement, allowing an energy saving mode on DPMS displays when no stream is detected at the decoder
- A low-cost, high-performance recording solution for medical, legal, transportation, military and surveillance applications
“The addition of all these premium features makes Maevex and the bundled PowerStream software even more versatile, providing a complete H.264 encoding/decoding/recording solution that is easy for AV and digital signage integrators to implement,” says Ron Berty, business development manager, Matrox Graphics.
He continues, “AV control software developers and equipment manufacturers can also harness the power of all the new Maevex functionality from within their own systems and applications using the Maevex API and its sample code.”
The Matrox Maevex encoder is currently priced in the United States at $999, and the decoder at $549. Matrox Maevex firmware release 1.03 and Matrox Maevex PowerStream software version 1.03 are available for download now from the Matrox Graphics website. Maevex API is available separately to select partners.
Watch the video to learn how to get started with Matrox Maevex PowerStream software: