Tripp Lite recently introduced what’s believed to be the market’s first rack-mounted air conditioning unit specifically designed to cool IT equipment.
The SRCOOL7KRM rack-mounted AC unit “provides highly efficient, close-coupled cooling for equipment inside a rack enclosure installed in a server room, main distribution frame or data center,” according to a Tripp Lite press release.
“Its EIA-compliant rack-mount form factor doesn’t require additional floor space, and IT staff can install the SRCOOL7KRM as easily as any other rack-mountable equipment. A built-in evaporator eliminates condensation so there is no need for a floor drain or water collection tank,” according to the announcement.
Here’s more information about the SRCOOL7KRM:
The SRCOOL7KRM rack-mounted AC unit is engineered for IT applications. The unit supports unattended startup and shutdown, including automatic restart after a power outage. With the optional SRCOOLNET2 remote management accessory, users can monitor temperatures and control settings from anywhere via an Ethernet connection.
– Saves valuable floor space in IT environments
– Saves energy using highly efficient close-coupled cooling
– Provides 7,000 BTU/h (2.0 kW) of cooling power
– Compatible with any EIA-compliant rack enclosure
– Supports unattended startup and shutdown
– Restarts automatically after power failures
– Allows users to monitor temperatures, receive alerts, review logs and control settings from any location with the optional SRCOOLNET2 network management accessory
“We’re excited to introduce this IT-focused rack-mounted air conditioning unit,” said Craig Watkins, Tripp Lite product manager. “The combination of space savings, highly efficient operation and IT-friendly features makes the new SRCOOL7KRM rack-mounted AC unit ideal for any IT environment that suffers from lack of floor space and insufficient cooling.”