Video Devices recently unveiled its PIX 270i rackmount audio and video recorders, which are built for mission-critical production in a variety of applications, including multi-camera studio production, live sports and concerts and multi-channel video playback.
PIX 270i’s dedicated video hardware records to standard removable solid-state drives and they allow for simultaneous multi-drive recording on up to four SSD drives, enabling redundancy and backup.
Other mission-critical aspects include redundant 4-pin XLR power connections; PowerSafe circuitry, which provides 10-second power reserve and safe file shutdown during external power loss; and FileSafe software recovery utility, which can locate any lost audio or video file.
Here’s more from Video Devices’ website:
The PIX 270i features a powerful hardware scaler and frame rate converter. Up, down, cross-conversion and pulldown removal give users the ability to record files in a customer-requested rate, even rates not supported by the camera. The PIX 240i also supports aspect ratio conversion, HD to SD and SD to HD.
The on-board high-accuracy Ambient timecode generator makes the PIX 270i right at home on any production from simple single camera shoots, to complex multi-camera sync-sound productions. All common timecode frame rates and modes are supported. Embedded timecode over SDI and HDMI is also supported.
The video input on the PIX 270i has extensive compatibility with a wide range of cameras. It’s BNC input accepts 12-bit 3G SDI (4:4:4 RGB or YCbCr), HD-SDI, SDI. Its HDMI input accepts high-definition and standard-definition video.
With its 3G-SDI 4:4:4 input, recording to ProRes 4444 offers recordings that are perceptually indistinguishable from the original source material.
Time Saving Efficiency
- Tapeless file-based recording, playback, and file transfer.
- Access and transfer files over Ethernet.
- Edit-ready Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files.
- Recording on up to four drives provides immediate file copies and back up, as well as long-form recording.
Expandable and Networkable
- Group control of multiple PIX recorders facilitates multi-camera recording.
- Frame synchronized recording and playback.
- 64 channels of MADI audio and 64 channels of Dante audio I/O for large-scale audio systems.
High-Quality HD Video
- 12-bit 4:4:4 over 3G-SDI I/O.
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs from 36 Mb/s proxies up to 330 Mb/s ProRes 4444.
- Multi-camera studio production.
- Live Event sports and concerts.
- Multi-channel video playback applications.
- Frame synchronized multiple video channel playback for Live Events, Digital Signage, Museum multi-screen looped presentations, Video walls, Quad screen 4k presentations etc.
- Mobile Production OB Truck.
- Frame synchronized multi-cam recording for Production, Live Events, Mobile OBs and 2D/3D Production.