Videoconferencing giant Zoom last week announced Zoom One, a new offering that brings together persistent chat, phone, meetings whiteboard and other tools into secure and scalable packages.
The company says the Zoom One offerings reflect organizations’ changing needs and business demands. The offering packages chat, phone, meetings whiteboard and other solutions to give users multiple was to connect and collaborate from a unified platform.
Essentially, this gives users the ability to start a phone or video meeting from a chat message, collaborate on a whiteboard form a desktop or Zoom Room and share it wit others, and see whether a co-worker is available with a presence status.
The new offering comes in six tiers, with pricing ranging from $149 per user per year to at least $250 per user per year, including:
- Zoom One Basic: free 40-minute Zoom Meetings for up to 100 attendees, persistent Zoom Chat for team messaging, limited Zoom Whiteboard for synchronous and asynchronous work, and real-time transcription. This offering is free.
- Zoom One Pro: everything Zoom One Basic offers without Meeting time limits, plus cloud recording.
- Zoom One Business: everything Zoom One Pro offers, plus Zoom Meetings for up to 300 attendees and unlimited Zoom Whiteboards.
- Zoom One Business: everything Zoom One Business offers, plus Zoom Phone Pro with unlimited regional calling and Zoom’s all-new translation feature.
- Zoom One Enterprise and Zoom One Enterprise Plus: similar to Zoom One Business, with larger meeting capacity and additional features, like Zoom Webinars, to help modern businesses scale. Unlimited Regional Calling is an optional add-on feature for Zoom One Enterprise and Enterprise Plus.
Zoom bills Zoom One as the solution to the demand for flexible work by helping organizations standardize its communications technology and simplify IT support.
Zoom One Basic, Pro, Business and Business Plus plans are available for purchase now, and Enterprise or Enterprise Plus plans can be purchased by speaking to a Zoom account executive.
Also being launched—first in Zoom One Business Plus Enterprise Plus—is translated and multi-language captions that will allow users to view captions translated into the language of their choice. Bi-directional translations will be available between English and 10 other languages at launch, including Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
Zoom is also extending its automated captioning to include those same 10 languages, with multi-language automated captions available in Business Plus, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus packages.