Designed for commercial digital signage use, this new product features HD capability, instant switching between sources, and a flexible infrastructure that expands to fit the system.
If we learn about only one product innovation in your InfoComm 2014 booth, what should it be?
Our Network HD range of professional HD-over-IP solutions featuring JPEG2000 and H.264.
Name: Christian Thomas
Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Company Name: WyreStorm Technologies
Booth Number: C7949
Link for Your CEDIA News: WyreStorm.com, Facebook
1) NetworkHD. We initially announced NetworkHD at ISE in January 2014 as a professional grade JPEG2000 High Quality HDMI over IP network AV extender with powerful KVM and video wall functionality designed for commercial digital signage applications.
The modular system architecture removes the limitations of a matrix system with a fixed number inputs and outputs without compromising quality and reliability so systems can be expanded by simply adding more transmitters and receivers as required by the project.
Functioning on basic Layer2 SMART switches, NetworkHD does not require advanced integrator Network experience to install, nor does it require a managed network switch with VLAN configured, making it one of the simplest HDMI over IP systems available. The control unit sends control messages to the CTRL rather than the switch, much like a standard video matrix, compatible with any networking equipment, not just what is specified by the programmer.
Key features include:
- JPEG2000 video compression
- HDMI Pass-through
- RS232 & IR control of connected devices
- IP control API & PC software control suite
- HDMI 1.3 compliant
- Extend the transmission distance to at least 100m/328ft from the sources at 1080p
- USB signal transmission, Support USB 2.0
- HDCP compliant
- Bonjour automatic discovery of system components
- Web based configuration
- Compatible with any Layer 2 Smart switch
2) Network HD-Pro. As with its predecessor, this Pro evolution of Network HD features modular infrastructure deign that allows sources or zones to be added easily by just adding more transmitters or receivers, with this next generation of the product offering a total convergence between IT & Audio Video design for both commercial and residential applications requiring higher quality video compression and improved system features.
A flexible, multipurpose IP Network Distribution system with low latency and bandwidth, Network HD-Pro combines single/multi-source HDMI to H.264 encoding and decoding, streamed simultaneously through a network switch over conventional LAN, with the H.264 video compression offering significant improvements in quality over more ‘lossy’ video formats.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!