We know there are a lot of choices when it comes to audio products.
Anyone who’s ever been to an AV industry trade show has certainly heard the booming sound and probably felt the bass that comes from the dozens—if not more—new loudspeaker releases that hit the market every year.
So it’s especially impressive for a company to be chosen the absolute best line array loudspeaker, as was the case this year for Bogen Communications and its Apogee ALA-C1 line array loudspeaker, which earned our esteemed panel’s nod for the 2019 CI Best Electronics Systems Technologies [BEST] Award.
We didn’t expect—nor did we get—a Sally Field-style “you like me. You really, really like me”-style acceptance speech on the InfoComm 2019 trade show floor but we know they appreciated the award in a more understated way.
And, unlike some products that are specifically targeted to one particular market or type of installation, the Apogee ALA-C1 has enough flexibility and versatility that it’ll be a nice fit in a variety of applications.
Inside the Apogee ALA-C1
The Apogee ALA-C1 line array loudspeaker is a high-fidelity, 70V/8-ohm, passive, two-way fixed column, indoor/outdoor loudspeaker designed for speech enhancement and music reproduction in small-sized and medium-sized public spaces.
That includes schools and civic auditoriums, theaters, lecture halls and houses of worship.
The design of the Bogen Communications Apogee ALA-C1 line array loudspeaker offers broad horizontal dispersion (140 degrees) and focused vertical dispersion (25 degrees) for side-to-side coverage while minimizing ceiling and floor reflections that could degrade intelligibility.
Here are some of the major features of the Bogen Communications Apogee ALA-C1 line array loudspeaker:
- 43-inch (110cm) line array
- Powder-coated 6061-T6 extruded aluminum alloy enclosure with internal ribs
- 6-inch x 1-inch metal alloy diaphragm tweeters with Ferrofluid damping, UV and chemical resistant rubber surrounds, corrosion-resistant magnets
- 9-inch x 4-inch metal alloy diaphragm woofers, with magnetic liquid suspension voice coil guidance, UV and chemical resistant rubber surrounds
- Built-in 70V auto-former with 8-ohm bypass option