The entries are closed, the votes are in and as of tonight NSCA has officially announced the winners of its Excellence in Product Innovation Awards at the Business and Leadership Conference Welcome Dinner.
NSCA hosted the awards in conjunction with CI in the search for new and innovative technologies that have a profound effect on systems integrators.
A panel of judges considered the scalability, versatility, deployment cost, ease of use, ROI, ADA compliance and energy efficiency of the products, with a keen eye on how these specific products have made a difference in the field.
“This is a very different type of recognition for manufacturers,” says NSCA Executive Director Chuck Wilson. “Our focus is to recognize manufacturers that are totally committed to our channel, and have innovative products specifically designed for system integrators to help them generate more revenue, earn more profit, reach new customers, and open new markets.”
Wilson and NSCA hope the award program works to “raise the bar” of innovation for future products and solutions.
There is one winner in each of the six categories — installer-friendly; ease of customization; interoperability; new revenue potential; recurring revenue potential; retrofit-friendly — with one overall grand prize winner.
And the Excellence in Product Innovation winners are:
- Chief’s ConnexSys Video Wall Mounting System for most installer-friendly.
- Biamp Systems’ Tesira for ease of customization.
- Kramer Electronics’ VIA Collage for interoperability.
- BrightSign’s 4K Digital Signage Media Player for most new revenue potential.
- Smartvue’s S12 Cloud Video Surveillance Solution for most recurring revenue potential.
- Crestron’s DM 4K for most retrofit-friendly.
For the grand prize, the Most Innovative Product Grand Prize Winner is Chief with the ConnexSys Video Wall Mounting System.
Or watch a live stream of the awards announcement here: