According to the company, the ULTRA was the industry’s first 4K transceiver capable of simultaneous encode and decode over a single cable with zero compression or lossless compression with zero frame latency. Moreover, the company revealed that what really separated the IPX-UC1 was the ability to stream 10G, 1G, and 10/100 at the same time in both directions. Additionally, advanced compression CODECs for H.264, H.265, and NDI were all part of the highly integrated Ultra platform.
Aurora highlighted that the internal Pentium™ class processor with 1TB SSD allowed to connect with Zoom™, Teams™, WebEx™, and other videoconferencing solutions which ensured the ability to deliver high quality locally while providing remote content for others. Besides this, the processor would be able to do an optional WIFI (future capability) for BYOD applications of wireless laptop and mobile connections as a source.
According to Aurora, the input card slot in the ULTRA provided 3 choices of cards depending on application needs. These inputs, in addition to the SDVoE output and processor output, will be routed to either of the two external HDMI outputs or the SDVoE and Processor inputs, made possible with a quad scaler processor with advanced features. These features consisted of contrast edge blending for side-by-side projectors, image rotation for portrait and jigsaw puzzle mode videowalls, chroma keying for overlaying of sources on top of others, vector scope and pattern generation for signal integrity diagnosing.
The company added that localized seamless switching and windowing opened new capabilities of encode side processing while the bitmap OSD engine would be able to enhance content on input and outputs.
Aurora also mentioned that audio, video, data, and control could be sent securely to one or many units using off-the-shelf 10G and 1G Ethernet switches. The ULTRA contained many ports for control and communication and included capabilities like 10G LAN, 1G LAN, SFP+, USB 2.0 extension over LAN, USB 3.1 for processor expansion, and RS-232/IR for device control, are some of these capabilities.
The company further emphasized the ReAX® control core, a feature that allowed the ULTRA to automate any function or device connected to it while also enabling custom remote web pages for PC or mobile for an enhanced experience. Aurora added that digital signage content could also be scheduled and controlled at will with the help of the free creation tool, Core Studio.
According to Aurora, the ULTRA contained the following features:
- Simultaneous Transmitter (Encoder) and Receiver (Decoder) over single CAT cable
- 4K60 4:4:4 Over 10G Fiber or Copper
- 1.3:1 Lossless Compression and Zero Frame Latency (100us) for 4K60 4:4:4
- Zero Compression/Frame Latency (22us) for 4K60 4:2:0 and below
- Secure Content Encryption
- 128×128 Capable with HDCP, Larger for Non-Encrypted Sources
- Linux or Windows Processor with Ability to Run Zoom, Teams, and More.
- Dual Internal HDMI Graphics Output for Processor
- Two USB 3.1, Two USB2.0 Available for Processor
- Two Internal LAN for Processor
- 1TB Internal SSD
- Neural Processing Unit (NPU) Option. People Counting, Emotion Detection, Facial Recognition, & More.
- SFP selectable for 10G or 1G use with Processor for Secondary External Port
- Encode and Decode H.264/H.265
- NDI (Option)
- Video Wall Capability (16×16), Image Rotation, Edge Blending, Chroma Keying
- Waveform Monitoring, Histogram, Vector scope Display & Built-in Pattern Generator
- Bitmap & Character Based OSD for Inputs and Output Channels
- Windowing/Multi-viewer up to 32 windows with Local Windowing of Sources up to 4
- Multi-Input Mode Can Transmit up to 4 1080p Signals over Single 10G Cable
- Two HDMI Outputs with Independent Scaling & Two Internal Scalers for Internal PC and SDVoE
- 3ms Scaling
- Seamless Switching including local inputs & Break-away Switching
- Audio DSP
- SFP+ for Multi/Single Mode Fiber
- 10/100/1000Mbps LAN PoE (PD)
- Input Boards (4 HDMI, Multi-Input 1 USB Type-C, DisplayPort, 2 HDMI or 1 HDMI and 12G SDI)
- Line In/Out Stereo
- RS-232 Serial Port and IR (Bidirectional)
- Integrated Web Server for Custom Control Pages
- USB 1.1 (HID) or USB 2.0 480Mbps IP Extension
- Dante®/AES67 IP 2Ch Included and 8Ch Audio (Optional)
- ReAX IP Control
- Front Keypad with OLED Display
- Auto Sense Switching
- Rack and Under Table Mounting
- 4K Auto-Framing USB 3.1 Camera Option