The VITEC InfoComm 2018 booth highlighted a video wall solution focused on ease of management and scalability. The VITEC EZ TV platform allows integrators to use one processor to manage 4 different video walls — each of which may include over 50 screens.
Here’s a rundown of what the VITEC EZ TV platform offers:
- IPTV Portal – an admin interface for configuring IPTV (live TV channels, programming guides, uploading VOD content, managing users etc.)
- Browser Player – browser-based IPTV player for playback of all content generated locally or by a third party
- Set-Top Boxes/Signage Endpoints – VITEC AES encryption, two 1080p streams decoded simultaneously
- Mobile Player – for iOS and Android devices
- Sign Creator – design app
- IP Monitoring
On the encoding side, VITEC also offered a glimpse at the MGW Diamond, a 4-channel HEVC & H.264 encoder with the abilty to output up to eight streams simultaneously.
The MGW Diamond offers:
- Muti-site/Multi-channel IP Video distribution
- HD 1080p60 monitoring and Command and Control of multiple sources
- IP Video dissemination
- Streaming Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) video feeds from ground and airborne vehicles over RF/satellite
- Streaming Situational Awareness and FMV content across LANs and WANs with KLV / STANAG metadata
- Streaming video to desktop/laptop, TV and mobile devices
More on VITEC InfoComm 2018 products from Peer Jambor, marketing director:
“We really wanted to make it a platform you can build on; you can expand. In collegiate sports, they might start off smaller, but add on signage and another platform to complete the experience [later].
“We encounter all the time that our main competitor’s system for management is very complicated. They have to call support or have someone on-site which is very costly and time consuming.
“That’s one of the main advantages we have: it’s really an easy management to change signs at venues like the Sacramento Kings where they have over 200 events per year and need to constantly change their setup.”