Plenty of AV integrators come across customers who aren’t quite ready to let go of their 1080p and other legacy video output devices and that’s why the Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K live production switcher is here.
Blackmagic Design showed off what it calls “a professional all-in-one Ultra HD live production switcher with integrated hardware control panel” during InfoComm 2018, with director of sales operations Bob Caniglia calling it “the big brother” to the company’s HD model released last year.
“This is for people who have to integrate legacy cameras that might not be running at the resolutions they want,” says Caniglia.
ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K features 8 independent 12G-SDI inputs, a built-in Fairlight audio mixer, ATEM Advanced Chroma Keyer, multi-view, auxiliary and program outputs, analog audio inputs, built-in talk-back, two Flash-based media players, professional creative transitions, a DVE for effects and more.
“ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K combines a professional broadcast hardware control panel with a powerful 8 input 12G-SDI switcher for working with all HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p59.94,” according to the Blackmagic Design press release.
“All of the 12G-SDI inputs feature full re-sync and independent format and frame rate conversions. That means customers can connect a total of up to 8 different sources with various different frame sizes and frame rates, and cleanly switch between them.
“The live production switcher automatically converts everything to the program’s output format and frame rate.”
The hardware panel features large illuminated buttons for switching between sources, along with corresponding audio buttons, one touch transition buttons, downstream keyers, fade to black, media player, cut buttons and more.
There’s also a built in LCD screen for previewing source and program video, a spin knob and additional buttons for menus and to adjust settings.
Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K Features
- Integrated broadcast switcher and professional hardware control panel.
- 8 x 12G-SDI inputs, all with auto re‑sync and format and frame rate converters.
- Supports all video formats from HD to Ultra HD 2160p at 59.94 frames per second.
- 1 x built in multiview for 8 sources, as well as preview and program.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 90 frames of Ultra HD, 360 frames of 1080HD or 1440 frames of 720HD video.
- Built in DVE with borders and drop shadow.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 1 upstream keyer including chroma keyer plus 2 downstream keyers.
- 1 auxiliary output with aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs.
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and 2 media player outputs.
- Ethernet connection for computer connection.
- Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Control Panels.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input for integration into large systems.
The ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K is available now from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide for $2,995. Learn more here.