As integrators look to improve customers’ work space and meeting room environments, one option is to start with their computers. The new ATEN Technology Multiport Dock UH3234 USB-C Multiport Dock with Power Pass-Through is a one-step docking station designed to boost productivity.
It does so by allowing laptop users to create a minimalist workstation. According to ATEN, the UH3234 is ideal for small workspaces, remote workers, travelers and users that need laptops to quickly dock and perform like a desktop PC with reliable connectivity and enough power for large devices.
From ATEN Technology Multiport Dock press release:
With both style and ergonomics in mind, the UH3234’s ultra-sleek design consists of an aluminum enclosure, making it lightweight yet rugged. Users can place theirlaptop directly on top of the dock to save space, type comfortably, and keep their laptop cool.
Additionally, the docking station provides all the extra expansion capabilities required for today’s consumers by allowing up to 10 extra devices to be added, including HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, USB 3.1 Gen 1, SD/MMC/MicroSD, ethernet and audio connectivity – all via one cable.
“The UH3234 USB-C Ultra-Slim Multiport Dock is an ultra-sleek, one-step total upgrade for laptops, providing all the extra expansion capabilities needed to boost and improve user productivity,” says Rojin Liao, product manager, ATEN Technology, Inc.
“The versatile dock allows users to extend their MacBook or Chromebook display to an additional 4K monitor for an ultra-high definition visual experience, or mirror or extend their Windows USB-C laptop to two monitors in 1080p.”
Key Features of the ATEN UH3234 (from press release):
- One USB-C cable for power, video, audio, and data – users can charge, transfer data, and expand their workstation with up to 10 devices instantly
- Charge power-hungry devices and peripherals while working – the dock provides 60W of power delivery pass-through via the laptop’s USB-C AC power adapter
- Supports 4K resolution on a single HDMI or DisplayPort display, and Dual 1080p on a DisplayPort and an HDMI or VGA monitor
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A port supports battery charging specification revision 1.2 (BC 1.2) for fast-charging
- Built-in memory card readers (SD/MMC/Micro SD)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Connect an array of USB Type-A peripherals – connect headset/microphone, external hard drives, or a full-sized keyboard and mouse.
- Compatible with all major operating systems (Windows and OS X).
- Supported power profiles include 20V/3A, 12V/3A, 9V/3A, and 5V/3A power specifications.
Find full specifications and features here.
ATEN’s UH3234 USB-C Multiport Dock with Power Pass-Through is available for $175 MSRP through ATEN’s channel of distribution and reseller partners.