TD SYNNEX, the global distributor and solutions aggregator for IT ecosystems, is committed to promoting and supporting young professionals’ entrance into the commercial AV industry. Here, Sandi Stambaugh, senior vice president, vendor management, TD SYNNEX, explains to Dan Ferrisi, editor-in-chief, Commercial Integrator, the company’s key initiatives. Those initiatives, of course, seek to foster technology interest and skills among young people. Moreover, the efforts start from K-12 and extend to supporting various career paths in technology.
To watch the full, 10-minute video with Stambaugh, check out the embedded interview below.
During the conversation, Stambaugh and Ferrisi touch on several of TD SYNNEX’s major initiatives. They also emphasize Stambaugh’s personal commitment to supporting young people’s career ambitions. The duo discusses the following:
- TD SYNNEX and its focus on encouraging young people’s interest in technology by leaning into esports and gaming.
- TD SYNNEX and its active engagement with tech providers and robotics associations to further inspire curiosity and interest among young people
- Why it’s critical for those in high school career centers to advocate for a path to a technology career
- TD SYNNEX and its Tech Scholars Program, as well its Discovery Representative Program, which allows new grads to explore different facets of the organization
- DEI initiatives in recruitment, as well as providing ongoing support once individuals are onboarded
- Advice for people considering a career in technology
This conversation, of course, stems from CI’s 40 Influencers under 40, whose Class of 2023 recently debuted. We encourage you to check out this year’s class of outstanding professionals and offer them hearty congratulations!
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!