TMC Productions Hosts Drive-in Movie Nights with Help from Listen Everywhere
Listen Technologies mobile app allows for personalized experiences for all viewers from the convenience of their smartphones.Leave a Comment
The coronavirus pandemic has changed life as we know it for most of 2020. Event planning and production companies are adapting and finding new ways to do business.
Mel Speed at The Music Company and TMC Productions had a request for an outdoor drive-in movie night where people could maintain a social distance while enjoying a movie on the big screen.
The Music Company and TMC Productions offer event planning, wedding and reception coordination, and DJ services. They also sell and install commercial audio, video and DJ equipment and offer special effects lighting sales and services.
Initially, Speed planned to use a traditional FM transmitter to broadcast the movie’s audio to cars, but when someone mentioned to him that Listen Technologies has a device that transmits the sound via cell phones, he decided to try it.
Related: Listen Technologies Creates Inclusive Guest Experiences Everywhere with Disney MagicALL
Audio streamed over Wi-Fi is a more reliable solution delivering superior audio quality compared to sound delivered over an FM system.
Listen EVERYWHERE broadcasts audio over Wi-Fi to a free app (available on both Android and IOS devices). Featuring a customizable app, the device allows business owners to add welcome videos, upcoming event promos, text banners and more.
“It’s kind of a given today that most people have smart phones,” said Speed. “They’re more comfortable using their cell phone than using the radio in the car.”
How Listen EVERYWHERE Helped
TMC Productions has hosted six pop-up drive-in movie nights in mall parking lots with an average of 50 cars in attendance. Listen EVERYWHERE allows guests to enjoy clear audio while watching a movie on the big screen from the safety of their own vehicle. Here are more reasons to try it out:
- Sanitary with no shared equipment or receivers to distribute.
- Portable, easy to set up, and simple to use.
- Broadcasts via an existing Wi-Fi network.
- Text Banners – Text banners allow you to insert updated content.
- Sliding Promotional Banners – Upload ads, coupons, promotions, or special events banners that can click through to your menu, websites, or additional information.
- Welcome Ad or Video – The first thing customers see when opening the app; set the number of seconds before your welcome ad or video can be skipped.
- Custom Content – Link to websites, event agendas, PDFs and any other custom content.
- Custom Labels for Channels – Channel logos and other graphics make it easy for guests to find their desired channel.