IT decision makers are often concerned when an integrator proposes plugging something into their network. So any product that offers cellular-based, sans-ethernet cable security could be a valuable one in any IoT-related project. Rigado’s Cascade-500 IoT gateway offers that security-first solution.
According to Rigado, “the plug-and-play Rigado IoT Gateway provides companies with a flexible gateway solution customized to meet their specific needs today, as well as future-proof connectivity options.”
The company says their products have been used in smart office spaces where companies wanted to track which conference were available and auto-book them. In those situations, the IoT gateway was used to securely control an occupancy sensor and push data to the company’s Microsoft back-end.
Bluetooth-based sensors have also been used in tandem with the sensors to monitor temperature-controlled restaurant rooms; vaccine monitoring in hospitals; even put in ceilings at quick-service restaurants for food safety and customer monitoring.
Cascade-500 IoT Gateway Quick Specs
- 800MHz ARM with 512MB RAM
- 8GB of storage
- Long Range Bluetooth 5 + PA/LNA
- 802.15.4 including Zigbee & Thread
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- 10/100 Ethernet with PoE 802.3af
- Verizon Cat 1 LTE
- Worldwide Cat 1 LTE with 2G/3G Fallback
Security Benefits to Integrators Looking for Trustworthy IoT
The Cascade-500 gateways offer cellular-based options so integrators don’t have to perturb fussy IT networks. They have their own way to the cloud.
Rigado says all of their devices’ communication is fully encrypted using apps that are all found in a dedicated secure app store (which the company manages).
This option allows integrators to:
- approach small- to medium-sized businesses with an infrastructure for connectivity and IoT; not just a single-point solution
- avoid bringing in a vendor to provide monitoring; add managed service contracts to the deal
- put themselves in the role of guide and partner as customer designs plans for smart spaces
See Rigado at CES
The company has a CES 2019 meeting room in the Venetian in Bassano 2708.
Demonstrations of the Cascade-500 IoT Gateway will take place in the Nordic Semiconductor booth #44549 in Sands A-D, Sands Exhibition Hall.
Click here for more information about the Rigado Cascade-500 IoT Gateway