Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below.
On This Episode of AV+
On this episode of the Commercial Integrator AV+ podcast, Dan Ferrisi, host and editor-in-chief, chats with two more of the AV industry’s leading superstars from CI’s 40 Influencers Under 40, the class of 2022: Mike Slamer, executive AV engineer at Warner Bros Discovery and Xzavia Killikelly, audiovisual design consultant, Conference Technologies, Inc. (CTI). They discuss their backgrounds, how they got into the AV industry, what they love about it and the importance of leveraging diverse backgrounds.
Top Stories of the Week
- Editor’s Blog: Why We Created Commercial Integrator Expo
- CEDIA Expo 2022 Attendee Numbers Are In
- Why Employees Stay
- Direct-View LED: Caveat Venditor and Emptor
- Microsoft Ignite 2022: New Teams Features, Collaboration Announcements
- AtlasIED and RTI Control Partner Up
- Jabra on its Award-Winning Dealer Portal
- Sony Launches World’s Smallest LCD Projector
- Sony Electronics Introduces SLS-1A Line-Array Speaker Designed for Use with Large Displays
Here’s what’s happening around Commercial Integrator this week
- As everyone in commercial AV knows, integration businesses are wrestling with challenges. Yet, some manufacturers and distributors are rising to the occasion and executing creative strategies to help. Check out this year’s list of Quest for Quality Winners and what they had to stay about their win!
- Commercial Integrator exists to help integrators run their businesses better. The single most important part of doing that? Networking with peers and colleagues. If you’re a larger integration firm that wants the opportunity to share insights and best practices with your peers, while also brainstorming on common pain points and solutions, apply to go to Total Tech Summit Oct. 26-28 in Orlando, Fla. Integrators who apply and are approved get to send one team member at no cost. Apply to attend Total Tech Summit today!
- Missed the Preserving Project Profitability in 2022 webcast? View it on-demand. With supply-chain snarls, increased labor costs and unprecedented unpredictability, integrators’ jobs have become much harder. This webinar features NSCA’s CEO, Chuck Wilson, as well as prominent NSCA members Kyle Habben (Electronic Contracting Company) and Mat Hennings (Communications Engineering Company). They’ll offer tips to help you optimize your business and stay profitable.
- CI’s integration award winners reflect a mix of wow-worthy experiential excitement and practical, business-enhancing technical functionality. See the list of 2022 Integration Award Winners.
- The 2022 Buyers’ Guide Category Index sorts providers by product and service types while the A-Z Vendor list provides contact information for each of these companies. Download a copy today!
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The term “pro AV” doesn’t do justice to the whole integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a pro AV podcast that speaks to all the areas (and there are many!) under the umbrella of commercial technology integration.
The host, Commercial Integrator editor-in-chief Dan Ferrisi, is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative forum for all topics affecting the commercial AV industry.
Prefer mobile? Find AV+ on iTunes
If you enjoyed this podcast and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!