AV+ Podcast: Control Concepts Team Reflects on ISE 2023
With ISE 2023 now in the books, the Control Concepts team reflects on all the great things that happened and where the AV industry is headed.
Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below.
On This Episode of AV+
On the heels of returning from ISE 2023 in Barcelona, Dan Ferrisi, Commercial Integrator’s editor-in-chief and host of the AV+ podcast, chats with Control Concepts’ Steve Greenblatt and Brittany DiCesare. He inquires about their takeaways from this year’s ISE show in Barcelona.
The trio discusses the following:
- ISE 2023 in comparison to other trade shows (2:33)
- Diversification and interoperability in the industry (13:21)
- The AV industry’s shift toward the experiential (17:57)
- …and much more!
Watch or listen to the full discussion with Control Concepts below.
Top Stories of the Week
- CI to Study the Large-Format Display Market — Add Your Voice!
- Top AV/IT Talent, Currently Available for Hire
- ISE 2023 Rewind: CI’s Exclusive Interview with Mike Blackman
- 2023 Top New Technology (TNT) Awards Announced at ISE
- InfoComm 2023 Registration is Open for June Show in Orlando
- What Keeps Integration Company Leaders Up at Night?
- Mergers & Acquisitions Outlook for AV Integrators
- NSCA Releases Biannual Electronic Systems Outlook Winter Report
- ClearOne CHAT 150 BT Speakerphone to Enhance Conferencing Experience
- BrightSign Appoints Misty Chalk as VP of Sales, Americas
- #avtweeps Lend a Helping Hand
- Planar on the MicroLED Revolution
- Hall Technologies Adds Gemini Switcher for Classrooms and Meeting Rooms
Here’s What’s Happening Around Commercial Integrator This Week
- Commercial Integrator is planning a detailed deep dive report on the Large-Format Display market, focusing on how integrators can profit in it. Add your voice to this short, five-minute survey regarding how your business deploys large-format display technology. Responses will be collected through Monday, Feb. 27.
- With all the terrible news about layoffs and reductions in force in the commercial AV industry and related technology fields, Commercial Integrator and The IMCCA have partnered to create a “Available For Work” listing of AV/IT talent. We’ve invited affected individuals to share their name, experience, desired next position and contact details. If you’d like to add your name and details to this listing, please go to our webform.
- Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2023 kicked off in Barcelona, Spain, and in conjunction with the large tradeshow, winners of the 8th annual Top New Technologies (TNT) Awards@ISE were announced. View the 2023 TNT commercial winners.
- Every year, Commercial Integrator partners with NSCA to offer AV integrators an up-to-date forecast and analysis of the year ahead. And, this time, the need for insight into how to maximize business success in 2023 is more acute than ever. Integrators are, after all, facing a constellation of challenges: rising interest rates, persistent inflation, lingering supply-chain challenges, difficulty attracting and retaining top-tier talent, upward pressure on wages, global conflict and the very real possibility of a looming recession. Now is not the time to wing it!
View the a one-hour webinar archive, which will explore all of those topics, drawing on up-to-the-minute data from CI and NSCA’s annual survey of the integration community.
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The term “pro AV” doesn’t do justice to the whole integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a pro AV podcast that speaks to all the areas (and there are many!) under the umbrella of commercial technology integration.
The host, Commercial Integrator editor-in-chief Dan Ferrisi, is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative forum for all topics affecting the commercial AV industry.
Prefer mobile? Find AV+ on iTunes
If you enjoyed this podcast and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!