Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below, or use the link to download (right-click to save) or to listen using your system's media player. On mobile devices simply click the Download this Audio File link below and your devices player will automatically play the file.
Listen to this podcast right now.
Format: mp3 • Length: 13:07 • Filesize: 19288297
Straight from Amsterdam, after two full days of trekking across the RAI’s many exhibit floors, here is our Integrated Systems Europe (ISE 2019) AV+ special podcast episode. Since it’s impossible to recap everything we’ve seen, we focused on the stuff that really excited us.
For instance, learn why I recently became a fan of the “fancy clock”-looking, data-collecting meeting room booking solution by Evoko (stand 12K-60). It’s worth checking out the Peerless-AV Xtreme High Bright outdoor display at stand 12-H90, especially if you’re up for daring people to dump their weather-proof solutions in water!
I’m not breaking news because the Next-Gen Crestron DM NVX has made a big splash at ISE 2018, but if you truly want to weigh in on the 10G vs. 1G argument, you kind of have to swing by Crestron stand 2-E30 and see the side-by-side demo for yourself.
Stories Mentioned in this Episode:
- ISE 2019 Preview: Next-Gen Crestron DM NVX, Flex UCC Portfolio and More
- ISE Guide for Beginners; Responding to Anti-Diversity Comments; AV News from January: Episode 45 of AV+
- What to Watch at ISE 2019: Products and AV Trends at the Show
AV Professionals Interviewed in This Episode:
- Brock McGinnis, Westbury National (talking LED, Biamp and more)
- Jeff Irvin, Spinitar (talking Christie MicroTiles LED, strategic relationship-building at ISE, PSNI)
Not Necessarily News in This Episode:
- Adam’s unfiltered, no-holds-back review of the mints in the Crestron booth
- Indonesian restaurant recommendation
- An argument for walking the Amsterdam canals
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The phrase ‘pro AV’ doesn’t do justice to all of the integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a podcast that speaks to all of those areas (and more!) under the umbrella of commercial tech integration.
The host, web editor Adam Forziati, has a background in radio and is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative audio forum for all topics affecting the industry.
Podcast Release Schedule
We plan to release a shorter, single-topic episode once every week or two on Fridays (just like this episode). But at the end of each month, we’ll also drop a longer, in-depth episode of the AV podcast with features like Editor’s Desk, CI Monthly News Spotlight, CI’s Project of the Month, and more.
We hope you’ll share your thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #AVPlusPod !