Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below.
On This Episode of AV+
As we celebrate International Women’s Day (#IWD2023), AV+ is honored to be joined by four inspiring women in the commercial AV industry. From VPs, managers, thought leaders, to engineers and advocates, these women are changing the landscape in the audiovisual industry and making their mark on the world. Hear stories from these industry luminaries:
- Tammy Fuqua, developer partner manager for Q-SYS; co-chair AVIXA Women’s Council; LAOC co-leader for the AVIXA Women’s Council
- Althea Ricketts, VP of corporate initiatives as Shure; AVIXA leadership search committee & AVIXA foundation board member; WAVIT board member
- Susan Whilhite, business development manager for Enterprise at SnapOne; founding director of WAVIT; LAOC co-leader for the AVIXA Women’s Council
- Ericka Shumpert, event marketing manager at AVI-SPL; lead for AVIXA Women’s Council Tampa Group
Joined by host, Dan Ferrisi, editor-in-chief of Commercial Integrator, the group discuss the following:
- What does it mean to embrace equity? How, as an industry, can we do this? (2:12)
- How can we, as an industry, intentionally welcome more women in the industry? (12:13)
- The importance of getting more women into the industry and having great allies in it (22:19)
- How can we move the needle for those who are just joining the industry? (29:22)
- and much more!
Watch or listen to the full discussion below:
Top Stories of the Week
- Riding the Wave of Equality
- Exploring Woman-Owned Commercial AV Firms
- AVPro Edge Joins SDVoE Alliance
- Human-Centric Lighting Startup Kumux Receives Over $500K in Funding Round
- Airtame Adds Integration with Zoom, Microsoft & Google Calendar
- Microsoft Adds Closed Captions for PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams
- NSCA BLC Blog #2: Have We Avoided a Recession?
- Level 3 Audiovisual Achieves AV9000 Compliance
Here’s What’s Happening Around Commercial Integrator This Week
If you enjoyed this podcast and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!