AV+ Podcast: Paul Dexter Opines on the State of the Industry
Paul Dexter, founder and CEO of Jetbuilt, joins this week’s AV+ podcast to provide insight into the annual State of the Industry report.
Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below.
On This Episode of AV+
On this episode of the Commercial Integrator AV+ podcast, Dan Ferrisi, host and editor-in-chief, chats with Paul Dexter, founder and CEO of Jetbuilt. Dexter provides insight and data into our annual State of the Industry report.
The duo discusses the following:
- The ebbs and flows of the economy that make or break your business (1:57)
- Impact of a recession on the AV industry (3:52)
- how interest rates are affecting the integration ecosystem (6:23)
- The chip shortage and its impact (14:14)
- Selling software (26:53)
- …and much more!
Watch or listen to the discussion in full below.
Top Stories of the Week
- 2023 Top New Technology (TNT) Awards Announced at ISE
- NSCA Releases Biannual Electronic Systems Outlook Winter Report
- ClearOne Appoints Derek Graham as Permanent CEO
- Crestron Announces Plans for Modern Work Summit 2023
- AtlasIED Launches New Atmosphere Digital Audio Control and Processing Hardware
- Sony Electronics Launches Two 4K IP-Based PTZ Cameras with Built-in AI Analytics
- Xilica, Sennheiser Add New Room Kits for Conferencing & Collaboration
- DTEN Launches Global Partner Program, DTEN Thrive
- One Firefly Launches MSN and LinkedIn Advertising
- Control Concepts, Inc. Joins Q-SYS Developer Partner Program
- Q-SYS to Support Spatial Audio for Microsoft Teams Rooms
- HP & Poly Expand Portfolio of Microsoft Teams-Certified Devices
Here’s What’s Happening Around Commercial Integrator This Week
- Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2023 kicked off in Barcelona, Spain, and in conjunction with the large tradeshow, winners of the 8th annual Top New Technologies (TNT) Awards@ISE were announced. View the 2023 TNT commercial winners.
- Every year, Commercial Integrator partners with NSCA to offer AV integrators an up-to-date forecast and analysis of the year ahead. And, this time, the need for insight into how to maximize business success in 2023 is more acute than ever. Integrators are, after all, facing a constellation of challenges: rising interest rates, persistent inflation, lingering supply-chain challenges, difficulty attracting and retaining top-tier talent, upward pressure on wages, global conflict and the very real possibility of a looming recession. Now is not the time to wing it!
View the a one-hour webinar archive, which will explore all of those topics, drawing on up-to-the-minute data from CI and NSCA’s annual survey of the integration community.
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The term “pro AV” doesn’t do justice to the whole integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a pro AV podcast that speaks to all the areas (and there are many!) under the umbrella of commercial technology integration.
The host, Commercial Integrator editor-in-chief Dan Ferrisi, is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative forum for all topics affecting the commercial AV industry.
Prefer mobile? Find AV+ on iTunes