Extron this week announced the Kaltura FlexOS App, which “seamlessly enables SMP 300 Series streaming media processors to ingest recording and live streaming schedules for publishing to the Kaltura video management platform.”
This integration with Kaltura “creates a unified and integrated experience with automated publishing workflows that ensure each recording and live stream is seamlessly delivered to viewers,” according to the Extron announcement.
“Extron is very excited to bring new capabilities and value to our customers using our SMP Series along with the Kaltura video platform,” said Extron VP of worldwide sales and marketing Casey Hall in the company announcement.
“Having a simple way to support ad hoc and scheduled recordings as well as live streaming with fully automated publishing to Kaltura helps organizations easily deliver online content in support of virtual classrooms and remote learning requirements,” he said.
More About Kaltura FlexOS App
The new Kaltura FlexOS app “brings enhanced capabilities that enable SMP Series token authentication with the Kaltura video platform,” according to the Extron announcement.
Benefits include “improved security and the ability to schedule live SMP streams for webcasting in Kaltura as well as M4A publishing for audio-only recordings,” the announcement says.
The enhanced Kaltura features LinkLicense is required to activate scheduling and live streaming of lectures and presentations to the Kaltura platform.
Here are a few examples of how organizations can use the Kaltura FlexOS app:
- Teaching and Learning
- Customer and Partner Education
- Campus Events
- Corporate Communications
- Knowledge Sharing
- Employee Engagement
- Marketing and Sales
- Libraries and Digital Repositories
The Kaltura FlexOS app supports all media capture and distribution applications, including automated capture and streaming. Here are a few more highlights:
- Enhanced integration allows users to schedule recordings directly from the Kaltura video platform
- Securely and reliably stream live content to Kaltura using RTMP/RTMPS
- Flexible ad-hoc or scheduled video capture and automated publishing workflows
- Robust and complementary solutions to simplify the complexity of recording and publishing meetings or classes
- LinkLicense for enhanced Kaltura features, enabling scheduled recordings and live streaming