I met Ron Prier at the very first CI Summit in 2012. There were only about 30 attendees that first year, so it was easy to connect with everybody. However, I could have easily overlooked the reserved founder of RPAV had he not quietly summoned me to sit down next to him after breakfast.
Ron had a way of speaking with authority without changing the tone or volume of his voice. He calmly, methodically and convincingly told me about the unique direction in which he took his Bowerville, Ga.-based integration firm.
A few months later Ron and RPAV’s story were on the cover of Commercial Integrator. Obviously.
For me, one of the highlights of NSCA’s Business & Leadership Conferences and CI Summits was running into Ron and having another of those nice, calm, convincing conversations.
The industry will miss Ron Prier. So will I.
NSCA Mourns Loss of Board Member Ron Prier
We were saddened to learn that NSCA Board Member and RPAV President Ron Prier passed away last Thursday night following a long battle with diabetes and kidney disease.
He endured many years of daily dialysis and treatments for his condition, yet never once complained. He was a kind and grateful man who loved his family, his company, and our industry.
His fellow board members shared the following comments:
- “Ron Prier was a good man. He has endured a very long life battle.”
- “I was impressed with his commitment to life, his family, his business, and the industry.”
- “The countless number of hospital visits (no matter where he was traveling) and his fortitude to keep going were very admirable.”
- “He truly cared about people. Ron was one of the most wonderful people I have known.”
- “He has a heart of gold. Our industry has lost a lovely man.”
Ron’s memorial is planned for Tuesday, April 25, at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Lavonia, GA. Visitation will be at 2pm, with the memorial service at 3pm.
Ron is survived by his wife, Angela; daughter, Paige; son, David (who also had grandson, Oliver); and daughter, Jessica.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!