One of the most exciting parts of the year at D-Tools — a provider of AV business software — is their updates to flagship program System Integrator (SI for short). CEO Randy Stearns says D-Tools SI 2018 features upgrades their integrator customers have been asking for.
And, if you’re one of those customers, or an integrator in need of a platform that allows your company to stay within a single software environment though a project life-cycle, you can view these updates at InfoComm 2018.
Stearns says D-Tools makes a point of releasing one major update every year, with two-to-three smaller ones to address customers at colleges, universities, and security integration firms.
More on System Integrator 2018 from the company:
Built on the D-Tools Cloud infrastructure, the new Customer Portal facilitates collaboration and increases client engagement, even across time zones and mobile platforms. Users can share proposals, contracts, change orders, drawings, cut sheets, user manuals and other client-facing documents via the web.
To review, comment, and accept (or reject) the documents presented, clients simply click on the e-mailed link and login to a secure web portal. This new web-enabled, device-agnostic capability expedites client communication and approvals, to keep projects moving forward and ensure that timelines and budgets are met.
D-Tools SI 2018 new features include:
- The ability to create/manage multiple change orders simultaneously and make sure they become separate, binding documents
- A new approval process for change order acceptance, featuring the ability to publish change order updates to the web and streamline the sharing/approval process
- The inclusion of Use Tax
- Members of PSA/USAV and other AV business buying groups will have integration with product catalogs and daily pricing updates, making doing business with them a seamless experience
- GDPR compliance — “an EU standard making sure software companies do a better job of protecting customer data,” says Stearns
- smaller AutoCAD integration improvements
SI 2018 updates coming in the fall:
- The ability to sell and manage service contracts
- Integration with Avalara tax
Learn more here.