Hall Research is excited about its new solution that it says is a great fit for collaborative and K-12 classroom environments. The Hall Research EX-HDU offers HDMI, USB extension on Cat 6 with audio and integrated control.
According to the maker of video over Cat x, matrix switchers, scaling and automation products, the new EX-HDU is an economical HDMI and USB extender comprised of a single-gang Wall Plate Sender and compatible Receiver.
Here is a breakdown of the solution:
More on EX-HDU from Hall Research’s web site:
The product uses only a single Cat5/6 cable to 200ft long. HDMI audio is extracted and is provided both as analog stereo and multi-channel digital.
The Receiver can also be used to control other equipment by providing programmable contact closure I/O, RS-232 and IR outputs.
Receivers with LAN connectivity are also available providing integrated user configurable WebGUI and IP control.
The patent pending wall-plate is powered from the Receiver and provides two USB ports for connection of USB devices.
Here is an example of a classroom application for the EH-HDU:
According to Hall Research, it has even applied a patent on elements of the unique configuration and feature set.
More highlights of the EX-HDU from Hall Research’s web site:
- Extends HDMI + USB 2.0 to 200 ft (60 m) on one Cat 6 cable
- Wall plate sender has 2-port hub for connection of USB devices to host PC
- Receiver with HDMI, 4 USB ports, RS-232 for control, digital I/O, and Audio
- Perfect for Interactive displays, Soft CODECs, and KVM extension
- Wall plate does not require separate power supply
- Receiver with optional IP/LAN and Web GUI for Room Control
- Patent Pending
Learn more about Hall Research EX-HDU on the company’s website.
Check out Commercial Integrator’s archived webinar with Hall Research — Earn InfoComm Renewal Unit: Inside the AV over IP Opportunity — archived here.