Calling it a complete network management solution bringing enterprise-grade system administration to the AV world, Dante developer Audinate says Dante Domain Manager offers networking administrators and integrators a slew of benefits:
- They can secure their audio networks from unwanted changes and modifications.
- It offers the ability to scale and segment audio networks regardless of the physical constraints of the network.
- Integrators can define specific AV device groupings, by room, building and site, allowing for the creation of independent Dante Domains and enabling a single Dante Domain to encompass multiple IP subnets.
In a press release, Audinate likens the concept to the use of network domains by the IT industry aimed at differentiating and managing multiple private networks within the same infrastructure.
“Audinate is applying this same approach to AV, customizing the features to the needs of AV professionals and end-users and effectively providing the community with the opportunity to deploy the best strategies and best practices of both AV and IT,” adds Audinate in its press release.
Meanwhile, Dante Domain Manager provides security for IT departments and AV managers, including:
- User authentication and control
- Role administration
- Integration with Active Directory
System managers gain complete visibility and accountability through a suite of user-defined dashboards, audit trails, alerts, and messages, according to the press release.
“Coupling AV and IT functionality requires deep consideration of the challenges addressed in the design, deployment, and maintenance of AV network systems,” said David Myers, COO, Audinate.
“We worked closely with AV and IT integrators, end-users and our partners in the manufacturer community to make sure Dante Domain Manager provides the scale, flexibility, administration, and security of IT to professional AV systems.”