In today’s competitive workplace, there are numerous benefits to industry certification programs.
Certifications in all industries have taken on a life of their own. We see this in medical, legal, architectural, audio visual and IT certification programs. It has become an essential part of job skills training, personal development and advancement.
But this raises the question of exactly what are the tangible benefits gained by an individual and company, from industry certification?
The Digital Signage Federation, the Digital Signage Expo and numerous manufacturers, distributors, resellers, and end users have partnered with the Digital Signage Experts Group (DSEG) to bring a comprehensive set of certification programs to the digital signage industry.
These courses are designed to bring an individual the education they need, beginning at a fundamental level, and progressing to more in depth technical training in critical areas of digital signage.
These certification programs are impartial, agnostic, and vendor-neutral, administered by an independent industry organization and advisory board of recognized subject matter experts, to bring clear educational messages resulting in industry recognition for professional achievement.
Need Help Creating Content for Your Customers’ Digital Signage Solutions?
Join us for The Forward-Thinking Integrator’s Guide to Content Creation webcast to learn the first step toward creating revenue and happy customers with content creation.
Industry certifications, like the DSEG suite of courses, offer many tangible benefits to those that choose to attain the certifications, including the following:
- Industry certifications provide professional credentials and a method of recognizing accomplishments, knowledge level and skills within the industry as well as by the outside world.
- Certifications establish a path for continuing education and insure that the certification holder is at the forefront of knowledge in their chosen field.
- Certifications provide a path inside a company for employee development.
- Embracing certifications improves employee morale, while expanding the skills and value of each person, it also aids in retention of the skilled employees vital to an organization’s prosperity.
- The result of certifications is improved job performance through increased knowledge and pride in working to an industry recognized standard of knowledge.
- Certification organizations provide a venue for members to network with other industry professionals fostering a sharing of ideas, techniques, and information that allows for not only personal improvement, but improvement of the industry as a whole.
- The certification organization is a source of strategic partnerships between companies enabling them to form key alliances, bringing new capabilities and sales opportunities.
- Ultimately, a certification program can increase company differentiation from competitors.
These benefits combine to focus on a person and a company with professional credentials that is well trained, skilled, and formerly recognized by the digital signage industry.
After completion, professional credentials may be used as a marketing tool to show you and your company as distinct and different, and clearly illustrates your dedication to the industry and the customers you serve.