At first glance digital signage may seem like a niche market, but it really isn’t. Especially in today’s always-on, interactivity-obsessed world, we’d be hard-pressed to think of a market where you couldn’t put digital signage to the advantage of your customers. That’s why we love the Digital Signage Expo. DSE 2017 featured the hottest new technology for retail shops, bars and restaurants, corporate lobbies, and university hallways.
Walking the show floor of DSE each late-winter-early-spring in Las Vegas always feels a bit like walking through the future. Retail displays recognize your age and gender and suggest new clothes you might like. Attendees play “air” hockey with digital paddles and a digital puck. Enormous curved screens span the entire width of booths. If you’re anything of a tech geek, it’s a pretty exciting show.
That’s not to discount the less-than-flashy products, the media players, video processors, racks and mounts that make it all possible. Every piece of the puzzle is necessary to put on an amazing display for your clients.
Check out 12 new products we found on the DSE 2017 show floor and keep them in mind for your next digital signage install.
- LG OLED Wallpaper
- Vivitek NovoDS4K
- BrightSign Media Player Compatibility
- NEC ThinkHub
- Chief Articulating Outdoor Wall Mount
- Premio Touch Screen Smart Mirror
- Zytronic Force Sensing Technology
- Datapath FX4 Four-Output Wall Processor
- Datapath Iolite600 Processor
- Planar/Leyard Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall Models and ColorBalance
- Premier Mounts Narrow-Pitch, Direct-View LED Mount
- Mimo Monitors UM 760CF/UM 760RF Wayfinding Monitors
Need some help breaking into the digital signage market? Start here.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!