The NSCA Education Foundation announce the recent election of a new president to its executive committee, as well as many other leadership changes, including the addition of two new officers to its board of directors for 2019:
- Laurie Englert, VP of customer experience at Legrand AV and NSCA Education Foundation VP, assumed the role of NSCA Board of Directors president
- Englert replaces Jeff Kindig, global marketing director of events and installations at HARMAN Professional Solutions Division. Kindig will become treasurer.
- Steve Emspak, partner at Shen Milsom & Wilke, becomes NSCA Education Foundation VP
- Catherine Shanahan, owner of Shanahan Sound & Electronics, Inc., continues as NSCA Education Foundation secretary.
More NSCA Education Foundation Changes
Gina Sansivero, VP of marketing and corporate communications at AtlasIED, and Tobi Tungl, director at Conference Technologies, Inc., began their three-year terms on the NSCA Education Foundation Jan. 1.
Sansivero “has a demonstrated history of working with start-ups and SMBs in the commercial electronics, AV technology, and electronic manufacturing industry,” according to the NSCA press release.
“She is also recognized in the education market as an AV industry cheerleader and resource.”
Tungl “is an experienced audiovisual executive with a deep-rooted passion for education and technology and supporting the growth of the industry,” according to the association announcement.
The “A Team”
“He’s an ambitious and inspirational person who translates big dreams into tangible plans and motivates all stakeholders to turn them into reality.”
“I am beyond ecstatic to have Gina and Tobi on the NSCA Education Foundation board,” says NSCA Education Foundation program director Kelly Perkins.
“Not only do they both have extensive experience in the industry, but they both have the intense drive and passion to continue to make initiatives like Ignite and PASS a successful reality.
“We truly have the A-team on board and I can’t wait to see the impact the foundation has on the industry,” she said.
People Continuing Their Roles
- Paul Cronin, CEO at Apogee IT Services
- Ingolf de Jong, CEO/president of General Communications, Inc.
- Mike Shinn, VP of operations at South Central AV
- Lauren Simmen, director of marketing at AMETEK Powervar
- AMETEK Electronic Systems Protection (ESP/SurgeX)
Rob Pusey, former president and CEO of Communications Specialists, Inc., and Tom Hanson, VP of specialized audio at Bosch, ended their terms at the end of 2018.
“The NSCA Education Foundation leadership is very thankful for the generous contributions of Ron and Tom and the many years of service they gave to the board,” says NSCA executive director Chuck Wilson.
“Ron had many talents, including running the annual NSCA Business & Leadership Conference golf outing.
“Tom was very instrumental in starting the ‘next-gen’ movement on the Foundation board by insisting we bring a younger dynamic to the organization. He helped launch Ignite and created far greater age diversity within the leadership of the Foundation,” says Wilson.