NSCA Excellence in Product Innovation Awards 2021 Now Accepting Entries
Entries in this annual NSCA celebration of manufacturers received on or before Dec. 11 will save $50 with early-bird pricing.Leave a Comment
NSCA is now accepting entries for the seventh annual Excellence in Product Innovation awards.
This recognition program “honors products that have a profound impact on systems integrators,” according to the NSCA announcement.
Any manufacturer that produces innovative technology solutions for installation by commercial integrators is eligible for this award. Industry manufacturers may nominate their own products.
One winner will be named in each of the following categories, along with one overall Grand Prize winner:
- Trailblazing Innovation: products that symbolize bold research and development to help reshape our industry
- Technology Platform: platforms for manufacturers to build from and push the industry forward
- Retrofit-/Installer-Friendly: products that reduce installation time and secure profit margins
- New Revenue Potential: products that offer ways for integrators to add value through new offerings
- Recurring Revenue Potential: solutions that make it easier for integrators to expand their managed services offerings
- Ease of Customization: products that excel at interoperability and allow integrators to add value with custom solutions
Related: NSCA Has Ideas for How to Keep Audio Visual Integration Revenue Flowing
Additional considerations are made during judging about how the product impacts user experience (scalability, versatility, deployment cost, ease of use, ROI, ADA compliance, energy efficiency, etc.).
“Each year, we see exciting new products that reflect the evolving role of integrators,” said NSCA executive director Chuck Wilson in the association announcement. “We anticipate this year’s class of Excellence in Product Innovation award nominees to push the envelope.
“Integrators have been tasked with solving new customer challenges, and manufacturers play a vital role in providing essential tools to help them do so. We think that deserves recognition,” he said.
Inside Excellence in Product Innovation Awards
Winning 2021 NSCA Excellence in Product Innovation companies will receive:
- Recognition in Integrate (NSCA’s quarterly newsletter)
- Feature recognition in the Product Showcase on the NSCA website
- Feature recognition in NSCA’s e-newsletter
- Social media recognition
- Recognition in an NSCA blog
- Feature article in Commercial Integrator magazine and CommercialIntegrator.com
- Recognition at the Business & Leadership Conference (350+ integrators in attendance)
- Feature in an interview-style video and blog published by NSCA (Grand Prize Winner)
All award entries will be featured in a gallery on CommercialIntegrator.com, listed in a press release, featured in an issue of Integrate (NSCA’s quarterly newsletter), featured in the Inside NSCA e-newsletter, and included in a Commercial Integrator e-newsletter.
Entries are being accepted through Jan. 15, 2021. NSCA members can save $200 per entry by contacting NSCA for a coupon code. (Call 800-446-6722 or email email@example.com for the code.) With the coupon code, the first entry is $299; subsequent entries are $199 each. For non-members, the first entry is $499; subsequent entries are $399 each.
An early-bird rate is also available through Dec. 11, for all submissions. Members and non-members can submit their products by Dec. 11 to save $50 on each entry. Winners will be announced at NSCA’s 23nd annual Business & Leadership Conference.
To enter, visit https://epiawards.secure-platform.com/a. Products submitted for consideration must be announced by Feb. 1, 2020 and must be available for sale and shipment on or before April 1, 2021.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!