EngagePHD, which came shortly before Digital Signage Expo 2015, features support for Samsung System on Chip (SoC) Smart Signage Platform (SSP), LG Electronics’ webOS for Digital Signage platform, Windows 7/8.1 Media Players and HTML5 ready IAdea Digital Signage Devices.
EngagePHD is a web-based design, content management and network monitoring application that was developed “to address growing needs for a low-cost, robust and scalable digital signage platform,” according to the announcement.
Here’s more from the announcement on EngagePHD, which creating some buzz at the Las Vegas Convention Center during DSE 2015:
“It is exciting to have witnessed the evolution in technology from early VHS video players and CRT televisions to the intelligent displays revolution, which will undoubtedly force the re-thinking of the much trusted external media player, while at the same time make owning a digital signage network more affordable and reliable as ever,” said Kevin Goldsmith, director of digital media operation at Ping HD, in the announcement.
“After several months of live beta testing with some existing customers, we are pleased to formally launch EngagePHD with the immediate deployment of over 600 intelligent displays installed across the Philadelphia Phillies, Chicago White Sox, San Francisco Giants and numerous Quick Serve Restaurants (QSR’s) throughout the United States,” he said.
Highlights of EngagePHD include:
1. Ease of use: We’ve all experienced clunky, complicated software so it was important that EngagePHD would break the mold and be so intuitive that little or no training is required.
2. Easy to set up: Receive a true, out-of-the-box experience with EngagePHD. Within minutes after following on-screen instructions, your Digital Signage network will be up and running.
3. Updatable from mobile devices: Developed to be a responsive web application, the EngagePHD cloud-based user interface is as easy to use on your smart phone or tablet as it is your desktop or laptop.
4. Digital menu boards made easy: With an integrated product database at the heart of the platform, EngagePHD is optimized for digital menu boards. Integration with Point-of-Sale (PoS) systems are available.
5. Event Management: Those looking for digital room signs and wayfinding can take advantage of the integrated EngagePHD Events module, which can integrate with third-party room-booking applications.
6. Drag & Drop Design: An intuitive layout design utility allows content to be created quickly and easily with all of the required products, images, animation and customizable font styles.
7. HTML5 Custom Widget Editor: Create your own widget or have Ping HD’s in-house content team create it for you.
8. Player Management & Network Monitoring: EngagePHD pulls real-time data from the Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSP) displays and LG Electronics’ “webOS for Digital Signage” displays, providing confidence to its users that the displays are on and functioning as expected. Email alerts are sent to administrators and auditing allows real-time screen captures that can be pulled from the Samsung displays for proof of play reporting.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!