Digital Signage Expo (DSE) has unveiled the 37 finalists for the 16th annual APEX Awards.
The 2020 APEX Awards, presented by the Digital Signage Federation, are “designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content,” according to the DSE announcement.
This year’s APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 11 industry experts and journalists from a field of 115 entrants from 19 countries vying in 12 categories.
Gold, silver and bronze awards will be presented in each category as part of the Free Networking Reception and APEX Awards Ceremony sponsored by Peerless-AV and Samsung on April 1 from 5 to 7 p.m., staged at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
DSE will also present the APEX Installation of the Year, Content of the Year and Integrator of the Year Awards at the ceremony.
The Digital Signage Federation’s 2020 APEX Award finalists are:
• Delta Airlines, Biometric Hoteling Solution nominated by Four Winds Interactive
• Forcepoint nominated by Design Communications Ltd.
• Legacy Union Bank of America Tower Lobby nominated by NanoLumens and Second Story
• Friends 25th Anniversary Global Kick-off nominated by BARTKRESA studio
• MediaCom Agency nominated by Moving Walls
• The Genesis Experience at Toronto Pearson Airport nominated by BIG Digital ThinkingBox Genesis Motors Canada GTAA
• Bill & Melinda Gates Center for Computer Science & Engineering nominated by Belle & Wissell Co.
• Deep Dive into the Brain South Florida Science Center and Aquarium nominated by Ideum
• The Media Majlis nominated by MOSECO QATAR
Entertainment and Recreation
• Camelview DUMBO Digital Takeover nominated by Harkins Theatres
• Penguin Chill at the ABQ BioPark nominated by Ideum
• Statue of Liberty Museum nominated by ESI Design
Experiential Design and Planning
• DATALAND:LINQ Hotel + Experience nominated by McCann Systems
• The Arctic Refuge Experience. Step In. Step Up. nominated by Future Colossal and Do Something Strategic
• The Wheel of Intention – The Rubin Museum of Art nominated by Potion
• Sunnybrook Foundation Tap-to-Donate Kiosk nominated by Envision
• The Wall of Heroes/Orlando Regional Medical Health Center nominated by Intermedia Touch
• The Wilderverse Connecticut Children’s Medical Center nominated by Dimensional Innovations
• Hurtigruten MS Roald Amundsen nominated by ProntoTV – part of Zeta Display
• Palms Ivory Tower Mesh nominated by Yaham USA Red Rock Resorts
• Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino nominated by Design Communications Ltd.
• Boston Media Band at 110 High Street nominated by ESI Design
• Symulakra nominated by Screen Network, panGenerator
• X Madrid – Digital Urban Project nominated by NECSUM
Restaurants, Bars & Foodservice
• KAOS Nightclub at the Palms Casino Resort nominated by NanoLumens
• The Living Retail Lab: Digital Menu Boards Inside Citizens Supply nominated by HighStreet Collective
• Toronto Union Food Court – QSR Digital Expressions nominated by Jumping Brand & Design Inc.
• Riachuelo nominated by Userful Corporation
• The Future of Retail, Led by The Fitting Room nominated by Elo
• Villiers hypermarket nominated by Pixel Inspiration – Carrefour Voyages
• “Fulton Flow” in Fulton Center nominated by MTA Arts & Design
• Istanbul Airport Duty Free Digital Signage Project/Unifree nominated by Sistem 9
• LAX Time Tower nominated by RealMotion
• Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co. Ltd. nominated by Daktronics
• Wells Fargo Center nominated by ANC
• Yapi Kredi 75th Anniversary nominated by Dreambox Visual Communications
DSE 2020 is scheduled for March 31 to April 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center with access to the exhibit hall April 1-2.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!