Editor’s Note: This page was originally published on December 13 and has been updated as of February 7, 2024. Stay tuned as we will update this page constantly with show-related information.
Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2024 show has made history — 73,891 unique verified attendees from 162 countries made their way to Fira de Barcelona Gran Via from Jan. 30 to Feb. 2, 2024. The largest show floor to date, spanned across eight halls, underscored its stature as the world’s largest AV and systems integration exhibition.
The 2024 show offered the most comprehensive content program to date. The show featured nine conferences covering a wide range of topics critical to the AV and systems integration industry, and free tech talks, in both English and Spanish.
Follow along with Commercial Integrator for the latest pre and post-show news at ISE 2024. We will update this page constantly with information!
Keynote Speaker Day 1: Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy kicked off ISE’s 20th anniversary show in Barcelona as the Opening Keynote speaker on Jan 30, 2024.
Most widely known for her Academy Award-winning documentary shorts: Saving Face and A Girl In The River: The Price Of Forgiveness, Obaid-Chinoy is the first filmmaker from Pakistan to win an Oscar and the first female film director to have won two Oscars by the age of 37. She is also the recipient of four Emmy Awards, a Knight International Journalism Award, the Hilal-e-Imtiaz, the second highest civilian award of Pakistan, and was named one of TIME magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world.
Per the organization, storytelling is fundamentally linked to the audiovisual industry and influences every element of ISE 2024. Almost every facet of the audiovisual landscape is driven by storytelling. This includes immersive experiences at visitor attractions, inspirational presentations by corporate leaders, and compelling advertising campaigns delivered over digital signage. Obaid-Chinoy exemplified how storytelling can inspire, inform and shape the future of audiovisual innovation and its various markets, and her announcement as the Opening Keynote for ISE 2024 underscored its importance to the AV industry.
Keynote Speaker Day 2: Jeroen van der Most
Dutch digital artist, Jeroen van der Most, was the keynote speaker for day two of ISE 2024. His keynote promised to provide attendees with insights into the evolving relationship between art and technology. Jeroen captivates audiences with talks that blend cutting-edge art technologies – from AI to quantum computing and NFTs – into visual journeys. As well as challenging conventional boundaries, he also inspires new ways of thinking about the role of creativity in an increasingly interconnected world.
Keynote Speaker Day 3: Sofia Crespo’s Projection Mapping
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of ISE and the 200th anniversary of Passeig de Gràcia, one of the major avenues in Barcelona and home to Casa Batlló, ISE is sponsoring a projection mapping on the façade of the Gaudí building. Following Refik Anadol’s mappings in 2022 and 2023, Casa Batlló has once again invited a digital artist to transform the building into a canvas for technology-driven art. The chosen artist, Sofia Crespo, is a pioneer in exploring organic life and its evolution through Artificial Intelligence. Co-founder of Entangled Others Studio, Sofia is best known for her work with neural networks and machine learning, along with her huge interest in biology-inspired technologies. Her work, including Neural Zoo and Artificial Remnants, explores the potential of AI in artistic practice and its ability to reshape our understandings of creativity.
Sofia’s creations have been shown across the world, including a month-long takeover of Times Square last May during which digital works were displayed across 96 billboards. She has also been part of the Meta AI Artist in Residence programme, in collaboration with Meta Open Arts, during which she created Critically Extant, a project exploring the limits of available data as a means of engaging with critically endangered species. Sofia explains, “The great challenge has been to convey Gaudí’s inspirations in a façade with a lot of personality and intricate details. I wanted to capture how he worked and thought, including the materials, the symbology, and his more spiritual dimension. It has been a fascinating project because it combines art and technology, the cultural legacy of Barcelona, and a creator whose work remains alive and is constantly reinterpreted by artists.”
ISE 2024 Conference Programs
Collaboratively curated by AVIXA, CEDIA, and ISE, the comprehensive series was hosted by more than 190 industry experts from vertical market sectors and offered a transformative experience, equipping attendees with industry knowledge and insights required for success in the year ahead.
Smart Building Conference: Understanding the ROI of Smarter Building
Chaired by Bob Snyder, Editor-in-Chief, Channel Media Europe, the full-day conference presented a range of smart building case studies and presentations from leaders of the latest technology and solutions for inside smart buildings, smart homes and smart offices.
Control Rooms Summit: Securing the Future
Industry practitioners, suppliers, and subject experts joined Conference Chair, Chris Dreyfus-Gibson, to explore strategies to safeguard control room infrastructure and operations and create a diverse and effective workforce.
Smart Home Technology Conference
CEDIA is offered nearly 60 hours of courses within its conference, covering topic areas such as technical installation and design, business excellence, and future trends; all through the lens of home technology integration.
European / Latin American (ELAS) AV Summit
New to the ISE conference program was the European / Latin American AV Summit (ELAS). The two-day event brought together government representatives and AV business leaders from both regions to foster understanding and to strengthen links between individuals, organizations, companies, and countries. ELAS is supported by the Catalan Government and Barcelona City Council.
SAVe Sustainability Session at ELAS AV Summit
Sustainability in AV (SAVe), the U.S.-based organization to bring stakeholders together in the AV field to take concerted action to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), hosted a sustainability session for the inaugural European/Latin American AV Summit (ELAS). Read more here.
Digital Signage Summit: Beyond Pixel – A holistic view of digital signage
Chaired by Florian Rotberg from invidis Consulting, the Summit explored the usage scenarios of displays, location-sensitive LEDs and projectors with effects that depend on the immediate physical spaces and audiences.
Content Production and Distribution Summit: Brands: The New Broadcasters
In its second year, the summit chaired by Ciarán Doran explored the strategies and technologies behind creating, managing and distributing video content for promotional and informational purposes.
Smart Workplace Summit: Tackling the New Challenges
Conference Chair and former Operations Manager, Google, Gary Keene and his guests looked at a number of the emergent challenges including cybersecurity, the use and the ethics of AI, purpose-driven design, inclusive design and environmental benchmarking.
Education Technology Summit: Educating Humans in a Digital World
The summit, led by Conference Chair and Consultant, 1EdTech and EUNIS, Gill Ferrell, delved into the ‘hows’ and ‘whys,’ offering insights into the future of the critical use of technology for educational experiences.
Live Events Summit: New Solutions for New Challenges
Chair and TPi Editor, Stew Hume, together with experts from the team at Celestial, focued on challenges and evaluating new solutions for the live events industry.
AVIXA at ISE 2024
At ISE 2024, AVIXA hosted an engaging program of learning and networking, including an extensive conference program, interactive sessions with thought leaders at Xchange LIVE, a livestream of AVIXA TV from the show floor and much much more.
In addition to great innovations from more than 1,300 exhibitors, including more than 80 companies making their debut at ISE 2024, this very special edition of ISE offers a whole range of exciting and inspiring features including:
- Just over 7,500 square feet (700 square metre) Drone Arena
- ISE Audio Museum, featuring Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of The Moon PA and Pompeii PA by WEM and many other gems of audio history
- America’s Cup Team New Zealand land yacht on the show floor
- ISE Time Tunnel, marking 20 years of technology developments at ISE
- Plug and Play Stage, with a series of keynotes, panel discussions and fireside chats and the opportunity for start-ups to showcase their solutions on stage
- ISE Tech Tours that will take visitors behind the scenes at key Barcelona installations
- ISE Treasure Hunt to unlock amazing prizes on the show floof
- Tech Talks Español, a free to attend sessions from ISE partners AFIAL, the Catalan AV Cluster, and Impulsa Talentum Foundation
- PLUS Barcelona Extravaganza. In addition to the technologies on display, ISE 2024 offers visitors a unique mix of business and leisure against the vibrant backdrop of Barcelona
AFIAL AVL Summit at ISE
ISE is also growing collaborations with a number of local and regional partners. AFIAL, the Spanish association that brings together manufacturers and importers of audiovisual technology, integrated its AVL SUMMIT into the ISE program. The Catalonia Pavilion in Congress Square featured a broad range of companies from the region, as well as hosting the Open Innovation Challenge technology matchmaking program, organized by ACCIÓ, the Catalan Government’s agency for business competitiveness.
Local Collaboration Partners
Other collaboration partners included the Impulsa Talentum Foundation, the Catalan Sports Cluster, Casa Batlló and the Joan Miró Museum. ISE will also be sponsoring the Llum BCN Light Arts Festival, which takes place in Barcelona just after the show.
Latest ISE 2024 Products
New Audio-Related Product Launches
- Gina Sansivero, vice president of marketing and corporate communications at AtlasIED, gave CI an inside look at the company’s highly anticipated participation in ISE 2024. With a suite of products designed for the international community, AtlasIED is determined to make a big impact at ISE 2024. Stay tuned for exciting news about a new partnership and acquisition announcement that will surely set the industry abuzz. Watch the complete interview here.
- Renkus-Heinz Previews Exciting ISE 2024 News: Brandon Heinz, product manager at Renkus-Heinz, discussed OmniBeam, the new beam-shaping algorithm, which revolutionizes the company brand narrative by making beam-steering better, easier and more accessible than ever before.
- L-Acoustics unveiled integration-centric products spanning from traditional stereo, through immersive and beyond.
- Wharfedale Pro, the British manufacturer of audio products, highlighted its new line array systems, subwoofers and amplifiers.
- K-array unveiled products from all three of its brands: K-array; PRISMA, a new digital matrix and amplifier; KGEAR; GU210 subwoofer; KSCAPE; RAILS S, architectural lighting system
- 1 Sound debuted Auralis, a multipurpose 3D audio design software
New Video-Related Product Launches
- PPDS Shook Up ISE 2024 with Product Launches, Market Entry
- Visitors to ISE 2024 got a first look at Datapath’s Aetria Touch and VSNMini 300 control room solutions and experienced a complete control-room setup featuring products from Absen, B-Tech AV Mounts, and Fountainhead.
- ROE Visual, the Shenzhen, China-headquartered, provider of digital display technologies, launched a new outdoor LED solution,
- Watch or listen to the podcast with Sharp executive Todd Bouman, as he delved into business strategy related to the Sharp/NEC joint venture, as well as ISE 2024 plans.
- MediaVue and Assured Systems unveiled ABEL, a solution to common digital signage issues.
- Barco showcased its latest Clickshare Bar and other ClickShare products.
- ScreenBeam debuted FLEX for SMB and higher education institutions. The new system delivers high-performance wireless presentation, reduces cost and provides future-proof upgrades.
- BrightSignt presented Bright Alliance Program, bringing new opportunities, innovation and growth in digital signage for CMS partners.
New AVoIP-Related Product Launches
- PlexusAV showcased its AV-over-IP system based on IPMX
- ZeeVee showcased its flagship ZyPer4K SDVoE encoders and decoders for 10Gb networks. Along with this, it demonstrated its new AV-over-IP encoder for 1Gb networks with built-in ZyPer Management Platform (ZMP) capabilities. Per the company, the newest encoder includes a comprehensive onboard management and security interface.
- Valens, an HDBaseT Alliance founding member, was at the Alliance’s booth on the show floor. Gabi Shriki, SVP, head of audiovisual business, Valens, provided us a preview of some of the technologies that attendees experienced at the show. One of them is the debut of Valens’ VS6320 chipset.
- HDBaseT Alliance debuted its HDBaseT-USB3 for professional-grade USB 3.2 extension along with other innovations at the show.
- DoorBird highlighted its Smart Door Controller D410, A1122 IP access control system and D2101TFV with touchless call-button module.
- BZBGear’s Matthew Allison highlighted 8K advances that were on display at ISE 2024, and teased an upcoming 8K PTZ launch. Watch the video interview here.
- Take a look at the six new AVoIP innovations from Aurora Multimedia
New Panel Discussions
- AVI-SPL and Q-SYS hosted an exclusive fireside chat with Roopam Jain, vice president of analyst firm Frost & Sullivan, about AV, AI and the future of customer experience.
New Software Launches
- D-Tools demonstrated new features of its latest version of its System Integrator (SI) business software platform, Version 21 (v21).
- Jabra launched Jabra+ For Admins, a cloud-based API-first software platform for remote monitoring and management of meeting rooms and devices
- Dan Ferrisi, group editor, commercial and security, offers top takeaways from his five days in Barcelona.
- CI shares insights from five booths that really leaned into the transmission of AV signals over IP-based network infrastructures.
ISE returns to Barcelona from February 4 to 7, 2025.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!