Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below, or use the link to download (right-click to save) or to listen using your system's media player. On mobile devices simply click the Download this Audio File link below and your devices player will automatically play the file.
Listen to this podcast right now.
Format: mp3 • Length: 19:03 • Filesize: 28822493
We don’t want to burst your bubble, but virtual reality isn’t what you think it is. In fact, it may be a powerhouse for AV design moving forward — at least, if companies like Modus VR use it correctly. On this monthly feature episode of pro AV podcast, AV+, we dive into the the value of VR to commercial technology.
On Episode 29 of AV+…
- Adam, Tom and CE Pro editor in chief Jason Knott talk CEDIA 2018 tech and review what was at the mostly-residential show which could also impact the commercial space in this month’s CI News Roundup
- We hear about Modus VR, a new company aiming to help integrators clearly communicate with clients during AV design (and maybe even earn extra, or at least better, sales) by putting them into a virtual project space
- A CI project of the month details an unusually engaging screen in Las Vegas
Stories Mentioned in this Episode
- 4 Consumer Technology Trends from CEDIA 2018 That Mean Something to Commercial, Too
- Your AV Sales Could Be Multidimensional with VR Design (And More Profitable, Too)
- Curved LED Display Helps UNLV Communicate with Students Amid Vegas Distractions
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The phrase ‘pro AV’ doesn’t do justice to all of the integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a pro AV podcast that speaks to all of those areas (and more!) under the umbrella of commercial tech integration.
The host, web editor Adam Forziati, has a background in radio and is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative audio forum for all topics affecting the AV industry.
AV+ Podcast Release Schedule
We plan to release a shorter, single-topic episode once every week or two on Fridays. But at the end of each month, we’ll also drop a longer, in-depth episode of the AV podcast with features like Editor’s Desk, CI Monthly News Spotlight, CI’s Project of the Month, and more (just like this episode).
We hope you’ll share your thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #AVPlusPod !