Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below, or use the link to download (right-click to save) or to listen using your system's media player. On mobile devices simply click the Download this Audio File link below and your devices player will automatically play the file.
Listen to this podcast right now.
Format: mp3 • Length: 9:46 • Filesize: 9381711
Why is it that the AV industry is poised for over 9 percent growth in 2019 — but could also experience profit loss? Allow us to explain on this episode of AV+.
In the recently-published 2019 State of the Industry Report, CI finds:
- More than a quarter of those surveyed, 26 percent, earned $0 via service in 2018
- One-third of the market earned between 1 and 5 percent of their revenue from service in 2018
- Only 4 percent of the market can say that over one-third of their revenue stems from service
- A disappointing 24 percent of companies even have a goal to earn at least a third of their revenue stemming from service by 2025
On Episode 39 of AV+…
- Editors Tom LeBlanc, Adam Forziati and Craig MacCormack review the State of the Industry 2019 report, recently published and ready to help forward-thinking integrators prepare for the year (and years) ahead
Stories Mentioned in this Episode
- State of the Industry 2019: Your Impending Pro AV Profit Problems
- 2 Business-Crushing AV Trends I Hope Aren’t in 2019 State of the Industry Report
- CI State of the Industry 2018: The Incredible Shrinking AV Industry
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The phrase ‘pro AV’ doesn’t do justice to all of the integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a pro AV podcast that speaks to all of those areas (and more!) under the umbrella of commercial tech integration.
The host, web editor Adam Forziati, has a background in radio and is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative audio forum for all topics affecting the industry.
Podcast Release Schedule
We plan to release a shorter, single-topic episode once every week or two on Fridays (just like this episode). But at the end of each month, we’ll also drop a longer, in-depth episode of the AV podcast with features like Editor’s Desk, CI Monthly News Spotlight, CI’s Project of the Month, and more.
We hope you’ll share your thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #AVPlusPod !