Nearly one year after Exertis’ acquistion of Almo AV, the company announced it has reached an agreement to acquire certain assets of Caddrillion Engineering & Drafting, LLC. Caddrillion is the Bel Air, Md.-based provider of engineering, drafting and programming resources for technology integrators and consultants.
The acquisition, officially effective January 1, 2023, gives Exertis Almo partners greater access to CAD/Engineering services. These services are provided by 20 full-time service experts. Per a statement, Caddrillion customers can now benefit from the global backing of Exertis Almo’s parent company, Exertis. With this, customers can thus leverage greater financial resources and supply-chain logistics for more business opportunities, efficiencies and profit potential.
EVP/COO of Exertis Almo Sam Taylor, addresses the acquisition. He notes, “Today’s integrators realize that services have become an essential part of every AV project; and without including them at the outset, they risk leaving money on the table and business for others to finish.”
He continues, “The addition of Caddrillion’s talented full-time CAD/engineering specialists enable us to greatly expand and evolve our already robust service offering. [It will also] provide more dedicated expertise to the growing areas of engineering, drafting and programming.”
Taylor also notes that more information about the acquisition will be available in the coming weeks. Meanwile, Caddrillion customers should expect no disruptions to their current projects.
Justin Gregory, CEO of Caddrillion adds, “Exertis Almo’s values of putting the customer first and offering best-in-class service led us to initially pursue a partnership as an outsourced extension of the services team. Now as a result of the acquisition, we are ready to take the next step in providing effective and reliable in-house drafting, engineering and programming services at a much greater capacity and with our customers’ best interests in mind.”
Benefits of the Acquisition
According to Exertis Almo, Caddrillion brings expertise in the following areas:
- Engineering: Provides solutions to teams looking to reinforce their AV design and engineering capacity with on-demand resources to support projects at any stage.
- Drafting: Drafters team up with a CTS-certified AV engineer to look at the designs and drawings at all angles with an engineering mindset.
- Rendering: Supports AV integrators, consultants and architects with designing project-specific renderings or building Revit templates for use with current and future projects.
- Drafting/Consulting: Analyze existing drafting methods then share best practices in order to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Programming: A myriad of control-system-programming services are available as well as DSP configuration.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!